Home

What are your thoughts on the Fedor Chant?

This is a discussion on What are your thoughts on the Fedor Chant? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What are your thoughts on the Fedor Chant?

Hmm, that is a very good point. I'd imagine Fedor must have a large following in Russia, would the Russian market be able to contribute a substantial amount of buyers for his fights?

Old 07-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
You've probably heard that fans are going to chant Fedor all throughout the Lesnar and Mir match this weekend. While the idea is cute in an immature-and-disrespectful-to-the-fighters-in-the-ring kind of way, this will really accomplish nothing and will only play into Dana/UFC's hands. It will be interesting if they can actually pull it off, but it sounds like something out of WCW....

Can't say your wrong about how it's disrespectful, but I am on the fans side about it.

It's the UFC and Fedor is by far the best fighter in the world. I mean, everyone loses except Fedor. Fedor has a loss, but he has never been defeated. It's really amazing once you sit back and think about it.

I don't care about the politics of the contract and neither do the drunken fans.

It's simple, UFC is the best MMA organization in the world, yet they don't they the best fighter in the world.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

I think its lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
I think its lame.
Pretty much.

What I find funny is the fact that it says "We will have more information coming soon. This is just to get the ball rolling." at the bottom of the page on the fedorchant website. Uh... the fight is in 2 days how much longer are you going to wait?

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 07-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Aside from the Sambo stuff, I've read that Fedor wants complete freedom to fight where he wants. Dana would want him locked into a 4 fight (or similar) long term deal. The UFC doesn't give title fights to people not in a long term contract (smart move IMO, keeps your title from being won by someone who won't defend it).

I think Fedor wants a one time fight, and the UFC has nothing to gain from that. The money from PPV's wouldn't be that much more (all Fedor fans are hardcore MMA guys and probably buy UFC PPV's anyways), and the possible loss of the UFC heavyweight belt is worse. You don't want Fedor throwing that in the trash after the match.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #14
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

I am curious y everyone thinks fedor is the best fighter, I've never seen him fight but like highlights, when you look at past ufc fighters he's beaten IMO all were terriblely over-rated fighters that faught in a watered down heavyweight class in the UFC.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

The thing about keeping the belt in-house is fair, but all that stuff about not wanting to risk injury in outside events might not be. All they have to do is draw up a contingency contract saying if he is unable to fight due to injury in an outside event, X happens. Or they could just say UFC gets X amount every time he fights in UFC, and if he gets injured, he gets injured. I don't see that being a problem. It's not like they're a team that needs to build for the future. It's a league, and if he goes down, he won't be able to fight in ANY league, so what's the risk?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #16
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
I am curious y everyone thinks fedor is the best fighter, I've never seen him fight but like highlights, when you look at past ufc fighters he's beaten IMO all were terriblely over-rated fighters that faught in a watered down heavyweight class in the UFC.
You have to watch him and find out. Highlights don't do the man justice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »