Home

Dream.10: Welter Weight Grand Prix 2009 Final Round

This is a discussion on Dream.10: Welter Weight Grand Prix 2009 Final Round within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #17
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Dream.10: Welter Weight Grand Prix 2009 Final Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Fide
Well then they wouldn't much be true. Also, this isn't a K-1 fight we'd be talking about. It would be a MMA fight. Plus it's not like Melvin is some unbelievable kickboxer. He is a really aggressive with vicious KO power and no ground game. That's it. Can you imagine would a counter-striker like Anderson would do to him? That's if he didn't decide to take him down and sub him in a minute.
After watching Manhoef beat and go blow for blow many elite kickboxers for years, almost all of which have had a significant height, weight and reach advantage I would say that he is an unbelievable kickboxer, but your expectations may be higher than mine.

And I am totally aware of Manhoef's weaknesses, but it is of my opinion that I think Manhoef could hurt Silva before it gets too far on the ground.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Damn, almost forgot about this. I'll be DVRing this one, hopefully I'm up to catch a few of these fights live.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Comcast doesn't have HDNet. Any way to catch this on the net?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

http://www.tatame.com/2009/07/16/And...Dreams-WW-belt

With only three MMA fights in the career, André Galvão will have his biggest challenge of his career this weekend, when he enters Dream’s ring to dispute the finals of the welterweight tournament. Prepared for the fights, the black belt is training in San Diego for the challenge, and flyes today to Japan. Before that, Galvão spoke with TATAME.com and give us his thoughts about the upcoming fight against Jason High, his opponent at the semifinal.

"Everything is alright, I only have to lose weight. I’m very confident and happy, now I just have to wait the time of the fight and do my job, win the belt", said André, who submitted the three fights that he made until today. Beyond the Jiu-Jitsu as a main weapon, Galvão is getting the striking sharpen with André “Dida” Amade in America. "I trained well with (Fabrício Camões) Morango in the last month, and before I was a month and a half with Anderson (Silva) and (Rafael Cavalcante) Feijão. Now Dida and his brother, (Maurício) Véio, are helping me in striking, the part of Muay Thai. I'm feeling well", says the fighter.

CONFIDENCE IN BRAZILIANS VICTORIES

With three other Brazilians in action at the same day, Galvão is excited. "I believe a lot in their work, they’re great fighters", praises André, speaking of Vitor Shaolin and Paulo Filho, who will face Shinya Aoki and Melvin Manhoef. "Shaolin is very technical, dedicated, a very good athlete and knows how to impose his game, has everything to win", bets Galvão, confident in Filho’s return. "He’s a very experienced guy. Japan is his home and he feels very well fighting there. I think he will burst".

Beyond them, another Brazilian who enters the ring is André Dida, who helped Galvão in the trainings. "He has a lot of experience at the striking part, already fought GP and everything, and talked a lot with me about it. I think he will do great, because he’s a guy who goes inside and has a heavy hand... I think he’ll knockout", bets the black belt.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

Kikuno vs Dida will be explosive, expect a KO on this fight.. Manhoef via stoppage... Mach and Galvao in the Finals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
Comcast doesn't have HDNet. Any way to catch this on the net?
You could try Justin.TV or UStream.TV
Old 07-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #23
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

www.channelsurfing.net might have it as well. I watched the replay of the K-1 Max 2009 Final 8 last night, it was so awesome. I would enjoy my own funeral if Michael Schiavello did commentary.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys. It's much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »