Home

Strikeforce In Talks With Fedor And Management

This is a discussion on Strikeforce In Talks With Fedor And Management within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #9
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Strikeforce In Talks With Fedor And Management

"The promotion reportedly offered the former Pride champion between 500,000 and 700,000 per fight, a non-exclusive contract, guaranteed exposure on CBS shows and a cut of any PPV event he was a part of."

Fedor,bankrupting lesser MMA organizations one at a time.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If he signs w/ Strikeforce, he is back in the same boat that he was in with Affliction. There are maybe 3 good possible fights in that league. Overeem, Rogers and maybe Werdum.... thats it. Honestly, I just want it to be over. I'm at the point where I could care less if he signs with the UFC or not. I'm impressed by his skill and think he is the top heavyweight in the world but if he doesnt want to sign an reasonable contract....**** him.
so what good possible fights in the UFC? Overrated Lesnar? soft dumb Mir? Old Washed up Couture? B- level guy in Herring? 3 times failure against Fedor in Nog? Unproven fighters like Carwin and Velaquez? Sucky take down defense skills in Kongo? or bum in Justin McCully? Fedor would rather fight Overeem,Barnett,Bigfoot in Japan
Old 07-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uedamasa
so what good possible fights in the UFC? Overrated Lesnar? soft dumb Mir? Old Washed up Couture? B- level guy in Herring? 3 times failure against Fedor in Nog? Unproven fighters like Carwin and Velaquez? Sucky take down defense skills in Kongo? or bum in Justin McCully? Fedor would rather fight Overeem,Barnett,Bigfoot in Japan
I personally think Lesnar would destroy him. I would actually rather Fedor win, but think Lesnar is just WAY too big and strong for him.

ps. Overeem is a bum - have you not seen him fight K-1? he's a bum and would get Ko'd a lot easier than Arlovski.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I personally think Lesnar would destroy him. I would actually rather Fedor win, but think Lesnar is just WAY too big and strong for him.

ps. Overeem is a bum - have you not seen him fight K-1? he's a bum and would get Ko'd a lot easier than Arlovski.

you've seen Overeem's latest transformation? the guy is now Huge, had significantly improved his wrestling and standup together with his great submissions. Knocking out Badr Hari in K-1 is scary for Brock cause he will get KO'd standing up and get submitted on the ground..Fedor on the other Hand fought Giants and was always undersized his entire career but continously destroys his opponent., MMA aint a sport of giants, its about skills, all Brock has is his wrestling but Fedor is so great in all positions that even if he'll get taken down he can sweep or submit Brock with no prob.. Fedor will school Brock back to WWE
Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
you've seen Overeem's latest transformation? the guy is now Huge, had significantly improved his wrestling and standup together with his great submissions. Knocking out Badr Hari in K-1 is scary for Brock cause he will get KO'd standing up and get submitted on the ground..Fedor on the other Hand fought Giants and was always undersized his entire career but continously destroys his opponent., MMA aint a sport of giants, its about skills, all Brock has is his wrestling but Fedor is so great in all positions that even if he'll get taken down he can sweep or submit Brock with no prob.. Fedor will school Brock back to WWE
Fedor never really fought any giants who could actually fight, though. Brock can fight... He's not just big...
Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yeah I remember almost everyone saying the same things about CroCop and the UFC HW division until a relative unknown kicked his head into the 15th row.

There are tricky fights for Fedor in the UFC, no doubt in my mind.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
how is it that Mir didn't school brock...he's better in every area except wrestling and being uber-strong.
I dont see how fedor can get a guy off of him that cuts like hell to make 265. You're underestimating brock which is strange after seeing what he did to Mir.
I'd like to see Fedor win, but I think Brock has too big of an advantage...he's a superheavy w/ crazy strenght and good speed. he also has stopping power in his punches.
Fedor vs Mir is a more entertaining proposition imo.

If brock shoots for a takedown, what are you going to do at 230lbs? ...what? He's just too damn big and strong and can fight. just to say again, I'd rather Fedor win, I don't really like brock, but people are in for a rude awakening...the new bread of HW must be skilled and huge. If you're not big enough to take on brock, you gotta either fight smaller heavy's or move down to LHW.

and overeem has a crap chin, so good night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
how is it that Mir didn't school brock...he's better in every area except wrestling and being uber-strong.
I dont see how fedor can get a guy off of him that cuts like hell to make 265. You're underestimating brock which is strange after seeing what he did to Mir.
I'd like to see Fedor win, but I think Brock has too big of an advantage...he's a superheavy w/ crazy strenght and good speed. he also has stopping power in his punches.
Fedor vs Mir is a more entertaining proposition imo.

If brock shoots for a takedown, what are you going to do at 230lbs? ...what? He's just too damn big and strong and can fight. just to say again, I'd rather Fedor win, I don't really like brock, but people are in for a rude awakening...the new bread of HW must be skilled and huge. If you're not big enough to take on brock, you gotta either fight smaller heavy's or move down to LHW.

and overeem has a crap chin, so good night.
That's just laughable. So what if Lesnar can get a takedown on Fedor and i'm not so sure he can even do this. What's he going to do then besides get put in a armbar or kimura. He reversed K Randleman like it was nothing after being suplexed and he's ever bit as good of a wrestler as Brock. Mark Coleman at 250lbs in his hay day was a better wrestler than Brock also and look what happened to him twice.

There is no way Lesnar wins this fight and i'll bet everything i got on it. Fedor is more athletic, more explosive, much better striker, and argueabley the most dangerous submission guy in MMA. Lesnar weighs 265 and has some strength period. Brock's jaw hasn't never been tested either and it could be made of glass for all we know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »