Home

Is anyone else absolutely fed up with this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else absolutely fed up with this game? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is anyone else absolutely fed up with this game?

Honestly, I need to vent about this and see if anyone else feels the same way.

I can't even bring myself to play this anymore...for as exciting and fun this game can be, the negatives are so overwhelmingly bad it is insane...

Ranked is unplayable at any high level...people play solely as Rampage, GSP or Lesnar and spam punches. If you play someone lower the amount of points you lose is ridiculous, it isn't even worth risking it. I am lucky I haven't broken a controller or something...

The lag is absolutely unbearable and throws off the entire ground game...I've never loved and hated a game at the same time this much...is anyone else feeling my pain? And no, I'm not some level 117 guy who is obsessed with his ranking, I just want to have fun fights and leveling up added to that fun a little bit.

Are Player Matches still the way to go when it comes to playing this online?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

Re: Is anyone else absolutely fed up with this game?

It's annoying at times, but I damn near started yelling obscenities when I beat a guy who was trying to use the kimura glitch on me at like midnight the other night cause I was so pumped. A well-earned win over a good opponent (or someone trying to cheat and almost succeeding) feels awesome.

The points system is jacked up, it should be like street fighter 4 where you take points from the person you beat (unless they have none). As for lag, honestly I don't see it that much, either that or I've adapted my ground game to accomodate for it; I can still pull off reversals pretty frequently.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

I'm getting pretty tired of it as well. The game mechanics get more and more frustrating as you come across people who've found little ways to abuse them; and some of the mechanics just make the game no fun any more. For instance, against someone good - I can't even throw a kick because they catch it way too easy, and it goes to a take down every time, regardless of my fighter's take down defense.

I'm getting pretty tired of the really crappy controls online too... Lately (with TWO brand new controllers) the game isn't registering my blocks or reversals properly. My last few fights, people have transitioned on me first try when I'm clearly blocking it, and I'll time a reversal perfectly, but half the time it just lets them transition anyway. I'm getting downright sick of it.

I'm a also pretty tired of every move resulting in the same thing every time. There's no variation, and that's something this game really needs.

It seems more like a fighting game using UFC fighters than it does an actual MMA game to me.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 08-14-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

...There's a Kimura glitch?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah I dunno what the hell that is. Spamming submissions from the bottom? No idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
...There's a Kimura glitch?
yes, do elaborate...
Old 08-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Yeah I dunno what the hell that is. Spamming submissions from the bottom? No idea.
I actually accidentally did that once.

The guy kept taking me down and sitting in my guard just attacking, so I finally went for a Kimura, and he did the brute force escape to standing.

So next time he had me down, I did it again - because he kept standing up out of it, so I had a chance to get back up...

Did it about 5 times in a row (really just trying to get him to stand0 and on the 5th I actually submitted him.

Even sent him a message saying I wasn't even trying to submit him, but just get him standing.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 08-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

Here is where I read the info, and sure enough later that night someone tried it on me:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f88/gl...match-1026394/

Quote:
This game is broken. There is a glitch you can exploit to win every time.

How to do it:

- Pick the guy with the best cardio/speed/submission offense balance in the weightclass (example, GSP).
- Get the opponent down, and get into side control.
- Attempt submission (it will be kimura)
- Don't mash buttons or try to get the sub off
- Let go of the sub
- Repeat until the opponent has no stamina left
- Actually go for it now.

This happened to me a few times, so I tried it, and I can duplicate it every time wih GSP, BJ Penn, A. silva, or Mir. It's cheap balls, and I hate it. I played about 500 matches of UFC Undisputed 2009 because I loved it. Now I'm done with it until they fix this. This is absolutely not stoppable, regardless of what you do to react to it.

If you do it right, the opponent's stamina will be down to nothing, and yours will have also been getting drained, but since you have better cardio/sub offense, it takes less from you. You should have about 1/3 of yours left, more then enough to sub him with his all drained.

It also works without side control, but not as guaranteed, as the kimura is the fastest sub to start doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »