Home

Yearly Pass for UFC PPV's

This is a discussion on Yearly Pass for UFC PPV's within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Yearly Pass for UFC PPV's

This is something I'm wondering if Zuffa would consider. I'm talking about paying a flat price and having access to all the PPV's for the year (the total price would be discounted when compared to buying all the cards individually).

UFC PPV's aren't cheap. It costs almost $70 for me to buy the HD version. By having a year pass, this would be a cheaper option for the people that buy every PPV and watch at home and Zuffa would make money by getting large chunks of money locked in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Yearly Pass for UFC PPV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
This is something I'm wondering if Zuffa would consider. I'm talking about paying a flat price and having access to all the PPV's for the year (the total price would be discounted when compared to buying all the cards individually).

UFC PPV's aren't cheap. It costs almost $70 for me to buy the HD version. By having a year pass, this would be a cheaper option for the people that buy every PPV and watch at home and Zuffa would make money by getting large chunks of money locked in.
Great idea but the only way this would work for Zuffa is by only giving a 10-20% discount and I dont think thats a good enough discount for most. A years worth of PPV is a little bit over a grand. Most people arent going to pay 700-800 bucks a year in one payment for a years worth of PPVs.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Great idea but the only way this would work for Zuffa is by only giving a 10-20% discount and I dont think thats a good enough discount for most. A years worth of PPV is a little bit over a grand. Most people arent going to pay 700-800 bucks a year in one payment for a years worth of PPVs.
Yeah I agree the discount probably wouldn't be enough for most people. Zuffa could just make the people pay in large installemants 3 or 4 times a year and collect the interest.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that want to watch every PPV but can't afford to. Even if you don't order the PPV's at home, it can still be very expensive to watch at a bar once you include drinks/food.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

What cable or dish company do you have that your paying $70 a PPV? I pay $55 on directv.

Your idea is a great idea. Maybe something like they do with the NFL or MLB packages on Directv. You can make 4 payments on it. That would be sweet.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
What cable or dish company do you have that your paying $70 a PPV? I pay $55 on directv.

Your idea is a great idea. Maybe something like they do with the NFL or MLB packages on Directv. You can make 4 payments on it. That would be sweet.
I'm with Shaw. They charge more for the HD broadcast ($59.99 plus tax which comes out to over $67 here).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

Quote:
I'm with Shaw. They charge more for the HD broadcast ($59.99 plus tax which comes out to over $67 here).
Damn that sucks!! Can you get Directv where your at?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Same with me.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
Banned

I can tell you that on Joe Rogan's forum people have been talking about stuff like this - like a monthly fee or something to access fights live online as well as old fights and what not.

I can also tell you Joe's said he'll talk to the owners about some concerns people have brought up.

Doubt anything will happen - but thought I'd mention it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »