Home

Rumor: Winner of Koscheck vs Daley To Coach TUF 12 Against GSP

This is a discussion on Rumor: Winner of Koscheck vs Daley To Coach TUF 12 Against GSP within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Rumor: Winner of Koscheck vs Daley To Coach TUF 12 Against GSP

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18487/ufc-...-st-pierre.mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmajunkie.com
NEWARK, N.J. – UFC president Dana White can keep a secret. He just can't always keep the secret that he has a secret.

Following Saturday's UFC 111 event at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. – the latest blockbuster event for the world's top fight promotion – White dropped some hints.

Soon after telling MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) about his plans for international editions of "The Ultimate Fighter," White said a UFC 113 co-headliner between top contenders Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley could have something extra riding on the line besides a potential title fight with UFC welterweight champion and UFC 111 main-event winner Georges St-Pierre.

"I'm working on something right now that I can't talk to you guys about because I don't have it done yet," White said of the Koscheck-Daley fight, which takes place May 8 at UFC 113 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. "But it has to do with that fight, so we'll see what happens."

White has dropped similar hints in the past, and some of them later proved to involve coaching stints for top UFC stars on "TUF," the UFC and Spike TV's long-running reality series. Later this week, the UFC hosts an open tryout for the show's 12th season, which will feature lightweight and light-heavyweight fighters.

No coaches have been named for the show, but it's been three years since welterweight coaches appeared on the series. (Matt Serra and Matt Hughes coached "TUF 6" in late 2007.)

And while the UFC struggles to find quality opponents for St-Pierre – specifically, opponents the champ hasn't already beaten once before – a three-month weekly run on Spike TV could generate interest in a title defense against either Koscheck (who lost once before to the champ) or Daley (a British fighter who's never faced St-Pierre). If there's one thing "TUF" still does well (besides develop talent), it's building interest in season-ending coach-vs-coach fights.

The potential coaching gigs, though, are just an educated guess. White made no specific reference to the possibility and simply smirked when pressed for details.

In any manner, "TUF 12" is slated to debut in September with a live season finale in December. It follows "TUF 11," which debuts Wednesday following a live broadcast of UFC Fight Night 21.
I really admire GSP as a person, so seeing him weekly would be awesome.

I just really hope Daley doesn't end up with the opportunity to fight GSP. I'd rather Koscheck get another fight since he is more well rounded. Daley would just be Alves/Hardy all over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Rumor: Winner of Koscheck vs Daley To Coach TUF 12 Against GSP

I definitely would be for this.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I really hope Daley beats Koscheck. Daley weekly on TUF would be pretty damn entertaining.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

GSP as a coach= Lame

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrooks111
I really hope Daley beats Koscheck. Daley weekly on TUF would be pretty damn entertaining.
Daley would get destroyed by GSP. Daley has horrible takedown defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Daley would get destroyed by GSP. Daley has horrible takedown defense.
Neither Daley or Koscheck would have a prayer against GSP, I just think from an entertainment standpoint Daley would be better for TUF.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

It would've been nice if Daley and Kos were coaches on this season of TUF. That would've been crazy entertaining.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrooks111
Neither Daley or Koscheck would have a prayer against GSP, I just think from an entertainment standpoint Daley would be better for TUF.
Kos has a chance. I think he's the WW that's most likely to beat GSP. That's not very likely, but still. He's got enough wrestling to stop some takedowns, and he's got enough speed and power to maybe make something happen on the feet. GSP's better than him at everything, but Kos at least has the skills needed to beat GSP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »