Home

Gamestop not allowing trade in of UFC 2010

This is a discussion on Gamestop not allowing trade in of UFC 2010 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #25
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Gamestop not allowing trade in of UFC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.J
Where ebay? Kind of easy to get scammed on there, you'll lose the game and you won't have any funds from the sell.
I don't know about ebay, but it's easy as pie to sell games on Amazon, and there's almost zero chance that you're going to get screwed out of anything. You could go onto Amazon right now and sell UFC 2010 used for $50 at the bare minimum--that's twice what Gamestop will give you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

I played 2009 to death I just bouth 10 on release day. I played a few hours of 10 and it's ok so far. The only thing I hate it is the transitions on the ground so annyoing trying to mount back and forth. That's the only thing that I've found annoying so far. Gotta give it some more gameplay to see what else is bad.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
The game screws you from your freedom. There are auto-trainsition blocks making you have 3-4 transitions where you don't need to do anything just spam punches. Manual transition blocking does not work, only reversals. You can't sweep from important ground positions like butterfly or rubber guard. Stamina does not impose a penalty on spamming big punches, yet punisches you for reversing and advancing on the ground. Lag in online is worse than ever. Submissions are either flash or impossible to do. Career lacks a solid foundation.
Do I have to continue?
The problem while people recognize these problems is that they were not in the game in 2009. 2009 was a very solid games that I thought only needed improvement with regard to the standup game and move variety. Now people got a game that is worse in most gameplay parts than the previous iteration without advancing that much in other parts, to warrant a purchase.
That does not mean that the game is bad by its own standards. It is just so disappointing to see the solid foundation layed by 2009 thrown away for a more arcade feeling
I echo your feeliongs honestly.

Why bother fighting passively or patient...I will just throw POWER shots as i feel like it, as will my opponent and there is a 100% chance either I or Him will get the KO.....Every fight will end the same way...BY KO...Even if you run away from your opponent and just counter punch....Before the final round is over, Bank on someone getting KO'd.

I HATE that so much about this game....It is Definitely more ARACDE than anything else. But THQ did that on purpose...It was a design choice to attract CASUALS.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I don't know about ebay, but it's easy as pie to sell games on Amazon, and there's almost zero chance that you're going to get screwed out of anything. You could go onto Amazon right now and sell UFC 2010 used for $50 at the bare minimum--that's twice what Gamestop will give you.
I may have to try Amazon. I just put mine on craigslist. I'm asking for 45 or a Red Dead Redemption trade.

Quote:
I echo your feeliongs honestly.

Why bother fighting passively or patient...I will just throw POWER shots as i feel like it, as will my opponent and there is a 100% chance either I or Him will get the KO.....Every fight will end the same way...BY KO...Even if you run away from your opponent and just counter punch....Before the final round is over, Bank on someone getting KO'd.

I HATE that so much about this game....It is Definitely more ARACDE than anything else. But THQ did that on purpose...It was a design choice to attract CASUALS.
My thoughts exactly. I gave it another go at welter and finally got my first win by playing cheap. All I did was spam the block transition. I didn't transition at all just spam spam spam. I reversed the guy left and right, he couldn't get up. I just can't play that way but real strategy doesn't work in this game.

I finally played against a Shogun cheater and that solidified my selling the game even more. Wow, that will really piss you off if you haven't played one of those people yet.

I found it funny that Dana White in one of his Vblogs got knocked out and was pissed and said "this game sucks" hahaha. My feelings exactly Dana.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

I feel'ya about the KO's, I have it on expert and i still get to many flash ko's no matter what the deal is. 09 wasnt has easy. im having second thoughts already if it's gonna be like that forever I'll sell it on craigslist and get Red dead instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »