Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #9
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I doubt BJ would destroy him. He might cry over losing to him though
If he can beat K-Flo, then i will say he has a chance. But i doubt he will. K-flo via rnc.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
If he can beat K-Flo, then i will say he has a chance. But i doubt he will. K-flo via rnc.
Yeah, I got Ken Flo in that one too. I love the way that dude fights: picks you apart on your feet, tires you out, then he takes your back and finishes you with an RNC. Never gets old.

And as far as prospects go (a little bias here since we went to the same high school) Johny Hendricks has a great base and some heavy hands. Just needs to improve his standup, he reminds me of a young Matt Hughes. Not as strong, but a better wrestling background.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
Yeah, I got Ken Flo in that one too. I love the way that dude fights: picks you apart on your feet, tires you out, then he takes your back and finishes you with an RNC. Never gets old.

And as far as prospects go (a little bias here since we went to the same high school) Johny Hendricks has a great base and some heavy hands. Just needs to improve his standup, he reminds me of a young Matt Hughes. Not as strong, but a better wrestling background.
He could be a good prospect. 8-0 is good.
Only thing that worries me is that he couldnt finish Grant or Funch.
And K-Flo is my favorite LW fighter, he just got destroyed by BJ though. Hope he beats Maynard and Edgar beats BJ then he gets to fight Edgar for belt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
He could be a good prospect. 8-0 is good.
Only thing that worries me is that he couldnt finish Grant or Funch.
And K-Flo is my favorite LW fighter, he just got destroyed by BJ though. Hope he beats Maynard and Edgar beats BJ then he gets to fight Edgar for belt.
Telling you, he won't beat Maynard
Old 07-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

Quote:
Telling you, he won't beat Maynard
The only thing that scares me about Maynard is his wrestling. Other than BJ, I think a strong wrestler is the only guy that could give him trouble. But I thought the same thing when he fought Guida and look how that turned out.

That being said, Maynard is WAY stronger and a WAY better wrestler than Guida so I think there's a pretty good chance of Maynard laying n' praying his way to a decision since I don't think KenFlo's jiu-jitsu is too great off his back. But we'll see, Kenny's one of the best guys in the sport at breaking down a guy's strengths and weaknesses and putting together a gameplan to beat him. Should be a good fight.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
The only thing that scares me about Maynard is his wrestling. Other than BJ, I think a strong wrestler is the only guy that could give him trouble. But I thought the same thing when he fought Guida and look how that turned out.

That being said, Maynard is WAY stronger and a WAY better wrestler than Guida so I think there's a pretty good chance of Maynard laying n' praying his way to a decision since I don't think KenFlo's jiu-jitsu is too great off his back. But we'll see, Kenny's one of the best guys in the sport at breaking down a guy's strengths and weaknesses and putting together a gameplan to beat him. Should be a good fight.
Maynard is a beast of a wrestler in the lightweight division. But don't count out his stand up. The guy has a great "boxing" stand up and makes great use of his hooks. Standing he is a threat, the take down is almost automatic, and his ground and pound is demoralizing. I love K-Flo, I just don't think he can handle the caliber of wrestler that Maynard is. Only thing that helps Kenny is he has tremendous heart.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

Quote:
Maynard is a beast of a wrestler in the lightweight division. But don't count out his stand up. The guy has a great "boxing" stand up and makes great use of his hooks. Standing he is a threat, the take down is almost automatic, and his ground and pound is demoralizing. I love K-Flo, I just don't think he can handle the caliber of wrestler that Maynard is. Only thing that helps Kenny is he has tremendous heart.

Well when Maynard does take him down he better be ready to eat some elbows. If he tries to lay n' pray he's gonna get torn up. But on their feet I think Kenny is the crisper, more technical striker. Obviously, he doesn't have the power but as we saw in the Gomi fight he's developed a nasty jab and he'll pick you apart. I don't really know what to think with this fight, but I have to go with my boy KenFlo.

EDIT: Maynard is Edgar's only loss isn't he?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Well when Maynard does take him down he better be ready to eat some elbows. If he tries to lay n' pray he's gonna get torn up. But on their feet I think Kenny is the crisper, more technical striker. Obviously, he doesn't have the power but as we saw in the Gomi fight he's developed a nasty jab and he'll pick you apart. I don't really know what to think with this fight, but I have to go with my boy KenFlo.

EDIT: Maynard is Edgar's only loss isn't he?
Cant have pics or anything in your sig bro. Just wanted to catch it for you before a mod did.

Also yea back in 08 is when Maynard beat Edgar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »