Home

Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Hendo - July 30

This is a discussion on Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Hendo - July 30 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fedor vs. Hendo in July!!

ACTUALLY, i think it HAS to be on showtime due to contractual reasons
GO GATORS

Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

A PPV of Hendo/Fedor and Diaz/whomever is hilariously bad IMO. Not even sure the names Hendo/Fedor would be able to draw. I know for a fact Diaz/whomever isn't going to excite the general public at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
Well, I totally disagree. I love this fight. These are 2 legends of the sport and we get to see them fight each other. You guys are making it sound like they are both in Mark Coleman land. They're nowhere near that. This fight should definitely excite. The only HW's left for Fedor right now are Overeem and Barnett. Considering they're both busy why not make this fight happen? Oh well, I'm happy.
Uh no we're not. They're both still very relavent in their respective weight classes. I simply don't want to see them at a catchweight fight. There's honestly no point.

My beef remains, if Fedor wins, what does it prove? That he can beat a smaller LHW? Wow. Big whoop.

Hendo isn't a HW. If Fedor wants to remain at HW, a win against Hendo means nothing IMO.

I want Fedor to get back on the saddle but I want him to do it against other HW's. I've become quite disenchanted with Fedor over the years. The decisions that have been made throughout his career are nothing short of baffling/upsetting.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
ACTUALLY, i think it HAS to be on showtime due to contractual reasons
Fedor's contract included a clause to have at least one PPV fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

wow, i totally agree with your Fedor perspective
and the ONLY thing it proves IF he beats Hendo, is that he can win a fight

Im actually okay if he were to decided to go down to 205, but he's already verbally stated he only wants to fight at HW
and judging by his physique his last two fights, i think for personal reasons, he wants to remain at HW , okay that was a corny lowblow, but freakin true, he looked downright fat vs. Silva (almost Roy Nelson-ish or Cole Konrad-ish with the dunlap) and nearly as unathletic vs. Werdum

i Like Fedor, and i hope he commits 100% back to training, as aforementioned, i'd love to see him involved with UFC when SF is defunct, and completely absorbed by zuffa

Fedor would be a great PPV draw against any of the top 5-10 UFC HW's.

Like I said, I'd pay BIG MONEY to see him fight Frank Mir, i think that would be an incredibly interesting matchup, much more than the Hendo matchup

But the fact that Hendo be Cavalcante, which I didnt think he would (and lost money on) surprised and impressed me
theres quite a few late 30's & 40's guys that can still bring it...Hard (Couture, Matyushenko, Ortiz, and many more)

I could be wrong, but i think Dan Henderson has fought at 206+ before
and it wouldnt surprise if he beat Fedor
The surprise factor is completely gone for me after his last 2 fights
GO GATORS

Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
MVP

Vast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
A PPV of Hendo/Fedor and Diaz/whomever is hilariously bad IMO. Not even sure the names Hendo/Fedor would be able to draw. I know for a fact Diaz/whomever isn't going to excite the general public at all.

Uh no we're not. They're both still very relavent in their respective weight classes. I simply don't want to see them at a catchweight fight. There's honestly no point.

My beef remains, if Fedor wins, what does it prove? That he can beat a smaller LHW? Wow. Big whoop.

Hendo isn't a HW. If Fedor wants to remain at HW, a win against Hendo means nothing IMO.

I want Fedor to get back on the saddle but I want him to do it against other HW's. I've become quite disenchanted with Fedor over the years. The decisions that have been made throughout his career are nothing short of baffling/upsetting.
I think a previous poster may be on to something. I think this might be his swan song, and he wants to go out on a win against a well known fighter.

Fedor is washed up IMO. He only has 1 weapon and thats his overhand right.

Or maybe he's trying to get back in shape. If he drops down to 220 he'd be more ripped than ever and we all know a 6ft guy shouldn't be as heavy as he is. dude is lumpy and doesn't look in shape.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I think a previous poster may be on to something. I think this might be his swan song, and he wants to go out on a win against a well known fighter.

Fedor is washed up IMO. He only has 1 weapon and thats his overhand right.

Or maybe he's trying to get back in shape. If he drops down to 220 he'd be more ripped than ever and we all know a 6ft guy shouldn't be as heavy as he is. dude is lumpy and doesn't look in shape.
LOL-love your Sig!

yeah, i think he's washed up, BUT i HOPE he proves me wrong

i do disagree that his overhand right is his one weapon, he is one of the fastest submitters ive ever watched, and i dont 'think' he's lost that already, if he has, he's done, byebye

its really amazing the 'International' hype this guy had for YEARS and didnt really fight that many good fighters IMO, but goes up against UFC-er Werdum and Fedor gets submitted first time ever, in like 2 min or less, and bigfoot wouldve disabled him for life had they gone into the 3rd round

i'll still be hoping this happens and watching for sure, if its on showtime, i may have posted different previously, but i dont think i'll fork out the PPV$ for the fight, unless the card is carried by some really sick fights, because hendo-fedor alone, wontt do it for me, i'll just follow along online
GO GATORS

Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
LOL-love your Sig!

yeah, i think he's washed up, BUT i HOPE he proves me wrong

i do disagree that his overhand right is his one weapon, he is one of the fastest submitters ive ever watched, and i dont 'think' he's lost that already, if he has, he's done, byebye

its really amazing the 'International' hype this guy had for YEARS and didnt really fight that many good fighters IMO, but goes up against UFC-er Werdum and Fedor gets submitted first time ever, in like 2 min or less, and bigfoot wouldve disabled him for life had they gone into the 3rd round

i'll still be hoping this happens and watching for sure, if its on showtime, i may have posted different previously, but i dont think i'll fork out the PPV$ for the fight, unless the card is carried by some really sick fights, because hendo-fedor alone, wontt do it for me, i'll just follow along online
Fedor's hype was deserved during the Pride days because he was beating the best heavyweights in the world at the time. It was only post Pride where his competition started to fall facing guys like Hong Man Choi, washed up Sylvia and Arlovski, and Rogers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #16
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

This fight has been signed, apparently and finally.

So this is PPV right?

Dan Henderson vs. Fedor Emelianenko
Rafael Cavalcante vs. Ovince St. Preux
Muhammed Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
Tarec Saffiedine vs. Evangelista Santos

Yeah that's an awful PPV

Lol and smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »