Home

UFC Undisputed 3 - Alpha Server Test

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 - Alpha Server Test within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 - Alpha Server Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Looks like shared fighters are in the game. Soooooo happy about this. I don't have to create fighters that aren't in the game...just download them.
That is amazing, now only if you can import them into career mode like FN will I be happyl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #26
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
These guys are beating my head in when it gets to the ground. My defense used to be pretty decent back in the day. I'm having a lot of fun with this game though. I'll be keeping my preorder.
You better learn that ground sway or learn to tie them up on the ground. That saved me many times. I just sway out of the way and kick them off of me and stand back up.

Getting stacked up against the cage on the ground however, you in for a world of hurt if you don't tie up.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just got beat by a leg kick.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #28
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Wish i had a damn tutorial.Getting my *** kicked cause i havent played UFC since 2010 came out.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Wish i had a damn tutorial.Getting my *** kicked cause i havent played UFC since 2010 came out.
Haha, as was I, just keep playing, my friend, and it will all come back to you. With that said, I put in a good hour and a half and I'm still spastic on the ground.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

lets get some impressions guys!!! your killing me!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Pros:

- Stand up feels better. Strikes aren't as fast as 2010 and when someone gets rocked you have a better chance of defending yourself. You can now shoot for a takedown, sway or just protect yourself. I was rocked 4 times in one fight and made it to to the third.

- Movement matters, If you move straight back, you will get hit even if you have your guard up. I've made more people miss circling than blocking punches.

- Submission game isn't as bad as I thought. Its very similar to the choke submission game in EA MMA. They could've done a better job with the actual screen (make it smaller) but its not bad at all.

- I love finish the fight. No more guys getting a KO and then walking away. You can choose to walk away or punch until the ref pulls you off.

- Love the entrances even though there is no music in the Alpha. Looks just like a real UFC walkout.

- Love the fact that you can share CAFs now. I spent hours with 2010 on MMA-CAF.com trying to create all of the fighters that the game is missing. This year, I'll just download missing fighters like the Korean Zombie and John Hathaway.

- Added a ton of new animations for the CAF victory scenes and introductions. You can decide who your CAF's trainer is going to be. Added more fighter AI and a few new fighter stances.

- I went to touch gloves with my opponent and he hit me with a flying knee. The crowd started to chant "Bull****".

Cons:

-On Normal settings, guys can just fire power shots with no real stamina loss. What most guys are doing is rushing you at the start of the round and firing bombs. That will change if you set it to Simulation settings though.

- Too easy to get off the ground. I've taken down people several times and if I don't transition immediately, they will kick me off of them. At this setting its kind of hard to do "lay and pray". Reversals are also too easy at Normal settings.

- Looking at the CAF menu, it looks like the game hasn't added many new names that Buffer or the announcers will say. Looks like it will be a lot of "The Wolf" and "Magic"

- Players have already learned how to spam something. I fought one guy who spammed the low block from a distance. That made it so I couldn't kick or go for a takedown from a distance and when he got close he would start throwing strikes. It made it impossible to fight from a distance.

- You have to learn how to sway. This isn't really a con but you will get crushed if you don't learn how to on the ground.

In the end, I pretty happy. Most of the cons are online related issues and I don't play much online. Its enough of an improvement from 2010 to justify my preorder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Can you play on the Sim setting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »