Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

I'm somewhat hopeful that there will be a difference. Even with the demo, CPU Jones and CPU Silva fight differently. Jones utilizes a ton of kicks and goes for takedowns. Silva throws punches primarily and is constantly going for the clinch. I havent seen CPU Silva go for a double leg takedown in the 4 times I went against him this morning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm somewhat hopeful that there will be a difference. Even with the demo, CPU Jones and CPU Silva fight differently. Jones utilizes a ton of kicks and goes for takedowns. Silva throws punches primarily and is constantly going for the clinch. I havent seen CPU Silva go for a double leg takedown in the 4 times I went against him this morning.
I had him sneak one in on me when I was climbing off of him and I didn't move away fast enough. I don't know if that's a new animation but he was getting to his feet and went for a super quick takedown.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I agree, I don't hold out much hope for the final build. It's one of the reasons they picked Anderson Silva and Jon Jones for the demo, every other move is a spinning or flying something. If only we could get some sliders and possibly be able to edit guys already in the game that would be awesome. I mean they have it in their WWE game why not here?
Two different focuses. The WWE team's focus is offline: WWE Universe, more CAF customization, Road to Wrestlemania, Sliders. So they have things that I would love to see in a UFC game like custom music, Universe mode, Create an Arena

The UFC team's focus has always been on online. Thats why they had the Alpha to make sure that ran fine. Thats why there hasnt been any significant offline changes in two versions with the exception of Event mode (No new arenas, CAF is pretty much the same, very little customization). More people play this game online and thats why they always focus on that part of the game.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I had him sneak one in on me when I was climbing off of him and I didn't move away fast enough. I don't know if that's a new animation but he was getting to his feet and went for a super quick takedown.
Thats a new animation and its technically a reveral.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I think this will be in to a degree. Even in 2010 Hughes went for take down after take down where Fighters such as Chuck Liddell tend to stand and strike.

The issue was that ALL of the fighters pressed coming forward 100% of the time. There was never the sense of the CPU playing defensive or fighting a counter type of fight. So while they did things such as "takedowns", "clinch", or "Stand and bang" that was about the extent of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Two different focuses. The WWE team's focus is offline: WWE Universe, more CAF customization, Road to Wrestlemania, Sliders. So they have things that I would love to see in a UFC game like custom music, Universe mode, Create an Arena

The UFC team's focus has always been on online. Thats why they had the Alpha to make sure that ran fine. Thats why there hasnt been any significant offline changes in two versions with the exception of Event mode (No new arenas, CAF is pretty much the same, very little customization). More people play this game online and thats why they always focus on that part of the game.
Very good point, sucks for those don't play much online like myself.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think this will be in to a degree. Even in 2010 Hughes went for take down after take down where Fighters such as Chuck Liddell tend to stand and strike.

The issue was that ALL of the fighters pressed coming forward 100% of the time. There was never the sense of the CPU playing defensive or fighting a counter type of fight. So while they did things such as "takedowns", "clinch", or "Stand and bang" that was about the extent of it.
I see your point but dont underestimate the effect that stamina will have on that. Pay attention to what happens to Silva near the end of the round when he's not at full stamina. I swear the last few times I fought him he didnt press forward after his stamina dropped,

Its frustrating to me too though. I noticed the same thing with strikers on EA MMA on hard level or above. Every fight they throw a overhand right and keep pressing forward. There is no such thing as a non aggressive striker.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #48
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

So same rubbish even on sim then?

Can't you just block until they're low and hit them once on sim?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »