Home

UFC 152 -Jones v. Belfort, Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping - Toronto - Sept 22.

This is a discussion on UFC 152 -Jones v. Belfort, Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping - Toronto - Sept 22. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: UFC 152 -Jones v. Belfort, Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping - Toronto - Sept 2

Jones
Johnson
Bisping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: UFC 152 -Jones v. Belfort, Johnson v. Benevidez, Stann/Bisping - Toronto - Sept 2

Bearded Jones looks like Cutty from The Wire.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Lots of Boos for Jones at the weigh ins. Strange but no Nike gear for Jones at weighin. Think he's waiting for the fight to break it out.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #68
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

He's such a weird person. His mannerisms bother the hell out of me but I'm still a Jones fan overall.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Dana is going after Jones on Fuel:

- Said "he said a whole lot of things at the press conference that he wouldnt say if I was there"

- Said Jones knew the event would be cancelled if he refused to fight Chael at 151.

- Said he doesnt think Jones is taking the backlash seriously.

They are meeting right now and it should be interesting.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #70
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Brittney has lost a lot of weight. She need to put some pounds back on because she looks like a different person.

I think Aholbert made a similar comment the other day about Jones not saying the things he did if Dana was around. I think Jones should continue to speak his piece because Dana certainly doesn't hold back when he has something to say. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during their meeting that's about to go down.

I hadn't really paid attention to the rest of the fight card until today, but there's some pretty nice matchups. The 3 headliners are especially good. I'm also looking forward to that Hettes/Brimage fight. Hettes had looked pretty good, but Brimage has shown some decent improvement. Should be a good night tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Brittney has lost a lot of weight. She need to put some pounds back on because she looks like a different person.

I think Aholbert made a similar comment the other day about Jones not saying the things he did if Dana was around. I think Jones should continue to speak his piece because Dana certainly doesn't hold back when he has something to say. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during their meeting that's about to go down.

I hadn't really paid attention to the rest of the fight card until today, but there's some pretty nice matchups. The 3 headliners are especially good. I'm also looking forward to that Hettes/Brimage fight. Hettes had looked pretty good, but Brimage has shown some decent improvement. Should be a good night tomorrow.
I think the meeting is going to go fine. I think after Jones wins tomorrow, they will agree to not talk about 151 anymore and move on. I'm just pissed that Dana had a meniere's disease setback and wasnt able to be at the press conference yesterday. Jones has been quiet as a mouse anytime White is on the phone or at a PC but starts talking reckless when Dana's not there. **** like "Dana should apologize to me".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #72
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Besides the Stann/Bisping fight, I wasn't even aware of Hettes and Oliveira being on the card. Awesome

Dana went after Jones but I do think he is of the mindset that it's over and done with. He doesn't seem to have interest in adding anymore fuel and I'm sure the meeting will iron out almost everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »