Home

UFC Undisputed 3 [RANT]

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 [RANT] within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC Undisputed 3 [RANT]

So overall I like this game a lot. I'm doing my 2nd career mode, trying out simulation mode with the stamina this time around.

I was 10-0 going into a fight against Matt Hughes. I mounted him, pummeled him, but couldn't finish him off. My guy keeps getting gassed because I left the bush league too soon but overall I keep decent control of my stamina, but this is what happened that pissed me off.

I like kicks, so my head kicks are what I usually finish fights with. I knocked him down with one, the kind of falling down where they fall straight onto their face as if they are knocked out on the spot. I pounced on him from behind, punched the hell out of him, expecting a TKO victory, then somehow he recovers (this is the 3rd round by the way, so he should be finished even more so) and does a quick little transition that puts him on top, lo and behold, he goes for an arm triangle.

My biggest gripe with this game is the stupid submission system. I've gotten used to it, but it seems hit or miss whether you survive sometimes. On my last career mode, I got 5 submission victories and escaped plenty more of them. But one wrong move or whatnot, and it's over. Plus my submission defense is still raw for the most part.

That being said, I've gotten out of submissions already on this career mode, and the two balls couldn't have been further apart (moments away from an escape) before he somehow edged closer and suddenly his side of the meter starts filling up. I try to escape by doing this quick dodge move of moving one way then suddenly moving the other way, but no luck.

I understand that perhaps the pummeling drained my guy's stamina, but it really gets my goat how touchy the submission system is. One minute, I'm almost out of the damn thing and the next he's suddenly Royce Gracie.

There'll be a rematch, and I'll destroy him, but man, what a cheap loss.

If you've played this game, what loss did you feel was the most disappointing or the cheapest?

Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 09-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »