Home

UFC 193 - Rousey v. Holm - Melbourne - November 14

This is a discussion on UFC 193 - Rousey v. Holm - Melbourne - November 14 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2015, 12:59 AM   #57
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 193 - Rousey v. Holm - Melbourne - November 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
She doesn't even have KO power

Rogan didn't get to talk about how Ronda was the greatest ever so he had to do it during the interview.

I always thought Holm had a good chance because she has a strong base, her legs are huge and powerful. Ronda never moves her head and got tagged with everything.

Ha-ha EA you starting a UFC curse?

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

I bet Holm is the second fighter now.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:02 AM   #58
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Ding, dong the wicked witch is dead.... well, not really dead, but you know what I'm sayin.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Dana must be crying right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 01:05 AM   #60
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't follow UFC so I'm not sure if this impacts it at all, but since Ronda Rousey lost does this mean that cyborg girl isn't gonna fight her because she already lost her first fight? Or is she more likely to fight her since she lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:07 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

It is going to be interesting to see what happens to Ronda now. She will need people around her 24/7, she may have some mental issues adjusting.

I hope we don't ever have to hear about Ronda beating pro boxers, men, etc. She needs to shut her mouth and just fight if she even fights again.

I wonder if she even fights again. I think Holm may have broken her jaw or at least hurt it on the first punch or 2 as Ronda's mouth was open after that.

I wonder if Holm will duck Cyborg? .. haha .. now Ronda has no excuse to not fight her. That beating doesn't even deserve a rematch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 01:10 AM   #62
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope this ends the hype train. All I've seen for the past month is stuff about Ronda, she's like the Lebron of the UFC, it's annoying as hell. All this talk about her improved striking, and she still looks like a judo champ with minimal boxing training.

I normally skip her fights, they feed her lesser fighters to milk her glory even more, but I know Holm has KO power, so I thought there was a chance. I knew Ronda's striking was bad, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Completely one sided fighter, and she got exposed today. Congrats to Holm.

Also, I'm a huge Ronda ***** and have been for years, I've been waiting for this moment for far too long. Feels good, and is helping to heal the wounds left by the Ravens this year.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:12 AM   #63
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

As a fan of Ronda, this is what I hope for. I hope she learned from this loss and makes changes. She needs some people in her life telling her what she can improve on and not just "yes men" telling her she's perfect. I think what we just witnessed is what happens when you think you're bulletproof. Ironically, it is kind of what happened to Bethe in Ronda's last fight. If Ronda is smart she will change camps. I doubt that will happen. She's way too stubborn. She needs to go to somewhere elite and train with other elite people.

Ronda just charges and charges and throws haymakers and eventually she was gonna find a fight where they wouldn't land. We have talked about, at length, her shortcomings on here in the past. In all her fights that weren't immediate finishes she gets hit a lot and throws wild punches that miss too often. She got away with this in the Tate 2 fight because she was in shape. You can just look at her body now and then and see the difference, she needs to get back in that kind of shape. Stop being proud of "getting fat." Holly was miles ahead of her cardio wise and it showed. To me, that's a coaching problem. That's when your coach is telling you that you're unstoppable and nobody can last past the first round.

More importantly, as a Ronda fan, I really, really, really hope she owns this. I really hope we don't get excuses. I hope she's classy about it. She get her *** kicked. Don't get bitter, get better.

Take 4 months off. Disappear. Spend some of those millions. Get back in shape, get back to grappling, stop trying to KTFO everyone just because your coach tells you that you're the best boxer in the world.

Ronda has a chance here to win back some of you. If she handles this well I feel she can regain some likability.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:12 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Ding, dong the wicked witch is dead.... well, not really dead, but you know what I'm sayin.
With her psychological issues and what she did after the olympics, she needs to be watched for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Dana must be crying right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Can't wait for the post fight press conference. Looks like it won't be on til 2AM EST though so may not make it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBsslLixk18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKidNamedTae
I don't follow UFC so I'm not sure if this impacts it at all, but since Ronda Rousey lost does this mean that cyborg girl isn't gonna fight her because she already lost her first fight? Or is she more likely to fight her since she lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ronda has no excuse now, but she problem won't because it may look similar to this fight. Ronda won't be able to say come do it at 135 now. Cyborg can say she is the undefeated champ and Ronda has to come to her.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »