Home

UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 (3-4-2017)

This is a discussion on UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 (3-4-2017) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 (3-4-2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabra1
Why not do weigh ins the day of the fight? You would probably need more weight classes if you did that but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That won't protect the fighters and most won't stop cutting. Fighters will get really hurt then. It is an option, but it would be terrible for the sport when someone dies in the cage because they cut too much and got punched in the head. Even though it would be their own fault.

Moving the weigh-in out further helps the fighters get hydrated, they now just need to force them to stop cutting.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 09:34 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
That won't protect the fighters and most won't stop cutting. Fighters will get really hurt then. It is an option, but it would be terrible for the sport when someone dies in the cage because they cut too much and got punched in the head. Even though it would be their own fault.

Moving the weigh-in out further helps the fighters get hydrated, they now just need to force them to stop cutting.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

If that doesn't stop the cutting then nothing will. If fighters are willing to dehydrate themselves on fight day then there's not much you can do. I don't think there's a way to avoid these things from happening if they're dead set on doing weigh ins the day before the fight.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #43
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

I wonder what the ppv buys will be for this card. More so, now that the co main event is scrapped. T-Wood was basically begging people to buy this ppv during the weigh in show.

T-Wood is just not a draw and for some reason always comes off a lil arrogant and always seems to be worried about the next money fight. I guess that's the new UFC we have.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #44
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I dunno what to expect, PPV wise. I'll be honest, losing the co-main might have changed me to a no-buy. I really wanted to see that fight more than any other on the card by a large margin

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabra1
If that doesn't stop the cutting then nothing will. If fighters are willing to dehydrate themselves on fight day then there's not much you can do. I don't think there's a way to avoid these things from happening if they're dead set on doing weigh ins the day before the fight.

Actually One FC has implemented a program that has worked well after they had a fighter die because of a weight cut. P-Rushing explained it a little. This is just an example. Lets say a fight is at 155, they demand that the fighter show up on fightweek no more than 170. Two days before weighin they have to weigh no more than 162. A day before the fighter cant be bigger than 160.

This makes it so fighters arent doing drastic cuts the day before weighins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I wonder what the ppv buys will be for this card. More so, now that the co main event is scrapped. T-Wood was basically begging people to buy this ppv during the weigh in show.

T-Wood is just not a draw and for some reason always comes off a lil arrogant and always seems to be worried about the next money fight. I guess that's the new UFC we have.
I'm gonna buy it. Woodley/Wonderboy was great. I want to see Evans at MW and Hunt/Overeem should be fun.

I dont think it is going to hurt it that much. Instead of 350k, it will do 250k. Khabib and Tony arent draws yet so it cant hurt it that much.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #47
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I want to buy the card to support Woodley. It's a tough ask buying it through Comcast as it costs me $80. $59.99 + tax. Is there a cheaper quality option like going through PS4 or another app? I just worry about quality and buffering.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I want to buy the card to support Woodley. It's a tough ask buying it through Comcast as it costs me $80. $59.99 + tax. Is there a cheaper quality option like going through PS4 or another app? I just worry about quality and buffering.
Yep. I think its 45 going through PS4 if you have PS plus. I've used it for the last few fights I've ordered and it was great with one exception. The PS4 stream went out during the 3rd round of Conor/Diaz 2. Other than that its been great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »