Home

UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero

This is a discussion on UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #121
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
4 weeks is plenty of time, he was already training. He also didn't drain himself to make the weight, so that helped his performance. No way you give a 40 year old the chance to end a card without proving he can make weight and supposedly off PEDs now.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
He's never missed weight before, you have to take into consideration aswell it was back to normal weigh ins and the time zone aswell. There is listerally no one else who deserves a title shot over Yoel.

Every top MW is on a 1 fight win streak, apart from Thiago Santos. No one deserves the shot over Yoel after that devastating KO of number 2 guy. Especially considering the champ barely scraped past Yoel in their first fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #122
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I think the burst in the second from Romero, made Rockhold tentative but at the end of round 2 he looked like he was gaining control again. Rockhold was doing some good things, those leg kicks messed up Yoel's leg and his 1-2 was landing. I was expecting some grappling from Rockhold aswell, I think he was just getting overwhelmed in the end. He kept getting backed up and Romero was marching him down like the Soldier of God would.

I'm interested to see where Rockhold goes from here, he's done at MW but at LHW you have some heavy hitters sooo...

Maybe he ends up in Bellator. I'd watch Mousasi vs Rockhold.
Yh idk where he goes from here. Rockhold is a skilled fighter, but like you say I feel he's done now. He fought a good fight but just got caught. I thought he would have went to his grappling when he got a taste of Romero's power in the 2nd, but he seemed determined to strike. I feel like he could have had some success with his grappling...especially since Romero's leg was banged up.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:04 AM   #123
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Pretty bad timing on that left hook from Rockhold. Rockhold looks more and more mortal all the time these days.
I think he was just trying to counter Romero's jabs with it but the jabs were a bait, so he didn't see the left hand coming. But yh more and more guys seem to be rattling his chin now. Rockhold is probably done at MW now tbh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »