Home

UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou

This is a discussion on UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 01:04 AM   #73
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou

Btw not for nothing, but Ngannou has a HELL of a chin. Dude was eating Stipe bombs for breakfast. If he can improve that ground game off his back and his td defense, he'll be even scarier. Stipe is arguably the greatest HW of all time now though. One more fight against Cain should fully cement him.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:06 AM   #74
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Yeah, that's one thing Ngannou deserves a lot of credit for. His chin and heart. He was exhausted for several rounds but there was no quit in him.

I look forward to Rumble returning at HW. Hopefully it happens this year.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:06 AM   #75
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Stipe had my official title of being real. Good **** from him and his camp.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 01:08 AM   #76
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Lmao I knew Stipe was gonna do this. If Francis didn’t get a one hit KO in the first or second round, I knew Stipe would get a decision on him. I wanted Francis to fight Werdum before he got the title fight. I think Werdum would’ve won, and has a better chance of beating Stipe. I like Francis. But he’s unpolished. He’s a power puncher and hasn’t shown too much else.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:09 AM   #77
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Ngannou looked like he did against Cisse. Very wild striking technique. Even in the first round. Looked clueless on his back too.

Hype is officially dead. He'll always be fun to watch but he has a ton of holes and now that it's out in the open... I don't see him becoming champion. Unless he progresses a lot in the next few years.

Bring on Cain. Would still favour Stipe but that's the fight.
Yh he definitely did...thought he would have been a bit more composed but he was wild and scary lol. I can definitely see him still becoming a champ though if he can stay a bit more composed when striking and improve off his back and that td defense. He's still a threat, but guys now seen the holes and everybody will be trying to wrestle him now. Definitely wanna see Cain/Stipe now though.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:12 AM   #78
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
That was scary to watch, but Stipe worked his gameplan perfectly and got the job done. He is officially the baddest man on the planet now.

Already was.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:15 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Lmao I knew Stipe was gonna do this. If Francis didn’t get a one hit KO in the first or second round, I knew Stipe would get a decision on him. I wanted Francis to fight Werdum before he got the title fight. I think Werdum would’ve won, and has a better chance of beating Stipe. I like Francis. But he’s unpolished. He’s a power puncher and hasn’t shown too much else.

It was crazy a friend of mine n I were the only ones who knew stipe was gonna win. I thought it was crazy so many ppl were pickin ngannou. Guys like stipe n Cain are kryptonite for guys like ngannou.

The betting odds were f***ing ridiculous dude. Stipe the underdog haha. Insane credit to ngannou he can take a punch but he’s got a lot of work to do in the cardio department.

He’s got a lot of potential but he won’t be champ until he drops some of that muscle. His cardio gonna be his worst enemy. Hoping Cain isn’t his next opponent
Old 01-21-2018, 01:19 AM   #80
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick_Csc
It was crazy a friend of mine n I were the only ones who knew stipe was gonna win. I thought it was crazy so many ppl were pickin ngannou. Guys like stipe n Cain are kryptonite for guys like ngannou.

The betting odds were f***ing ridiculous dude. Stipe the underdog haha. Insane credit to ngannou he can take a punch but he’s got a lot of work to do in the cardio department.

He’s got a lot of potential but he won’t be champ until he drops some of that muscle. His cardio gonna be his worst enemy. Hoping Cain isn’t his next opponent

Yeah that ish was straight disrespectful. I couldn’t believe Francis was favored by so many analysts, betting sites, etc. I like Ngannou. He’s an awesome story. And I still think he has a future in the UFC for sure. But he has a lot of work to do. He needs to round out his game. The holes in his game just got shown to every heavyweight with a giant spotlight. I kept saying ‘He needs to fight Werdum before he gets a title shot.’ But the hype train rolled so hard downhill after the Reem KO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »