Home

My MVP sliders vs Dowie's MVP sliders

This is a discussion on My MVP sliders vs Dowie's MVP sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
My MVP sliders vs Dowie's MVP sliders

My sliders are to the right of Dowie's:

METER -47 | -30
SPD -13 | 0
BALL 8 OR 5 IF SUPER PATIENT AT THE PLATE | 0
U FAT 14 | -10
CPU FAT 23 | -10
U CONT -50 | -50
C CONT -21 | -50
B.P.RATE 50 | - 0
B.P. GRACE -40 | 0

U.B.C. 4 | 50
C.B.C. 4 | 35
U.B.P. 2 | 35
C.B.P. 2 | 35
U BUNT 50 | 25
C BUNT 50 | 25
U FOUL 50 | 50
C FOUL 50 | 50
C SWING -28 | -25

U OF SPD -14 | 0
C OF SPD -14 | 0
U IF SPD -15 | -15
C IF SPD -15 | -15
U THR SPD -10 | -7
C THR SPD -10 | -7
U THR ACC -5 | -10
C THR ACC -5 | -10
U ERROR 50 | 50
C ERROR 50 | 50
U DIVE -25 | -5
C CATCH 0 | -25

U B.R. SPD -2 | -5
C B.R. SPD -2 | -5
U AGGRESSION 10 | 5
C AGGRESSION 6 | 5
U STL SPD 0 | 2
C STL SPD -6 | 2
U STL DLY -11 | -5
C STL DLY 5 | -5
C STL RATE 2 | 35

Injuries
Runner: 15
Pitcher: 10
Batter: 20
Fielder: 20

Difficulty: MVP
Fielding: Manual
Batting View: PItch 6/ Bat1
Fielding View: Broadcast
Strikezone: Off
Hot/Cold Zones: Fade
PItch Cursor: Off
Hitter's Eye: Off
Catch Circle: On
Variable Strike Zone: On
Blown Calls: On
Fielding Aid: On
Vector Line: Off
Throw Meter: Off
Vibration: Off

I played a 162 game season (and playoffs) and then adjusted the sliders based on the results. Here are a few arguments:

1. The CPU would walk me about 5-10 times game, sometimes more with 8 or 5 ball rate. So, I lowered it to 0, and while I still walk many times, it's down.

2. I'm willing to try the adjusted bullpen rates as I've always had them on 0. My relievers regain stamina quickly between games, and I thought these two sliders were only in game.

3. Your contact and power sliders are really low, Dowie. With my sliders, I hit .272 as a team. I also hit 278 home runs (quite a few), but my walk and strikeout numbers were decent.

4. I steal way too many bases, but I think this is due to the CPU pitcher, something that can not be edited with sliders. The catcher also throws too off target, but that's not something I can really fix. If I increase the accuracy, it'll make all the fielders better.

5. As for injuries, I dealt with plenty through the season, but that's baseball.

6. I get plenty of user walks and strikeouts because of the CPU's low swing rate. Then again, yours is even lower.

That's all I can think of, for now. I suppose I will try your sliders, but I figured I'd show you a comparison.

One more thing... your pitcher fatigue seems really high. Are you able to throw 100+ pitches with your starters? I can get to about 85, but by then the meter is so small I'm giving up mistake pitches every time.

Last edited by dalnet22; 02-04-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: My MVP sliders vs Dowie's MVP sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnet22
My sliders are to the right of Dowie's:

METER -47 | -30
SPD -13 | 0
BALL 8 OR 5 IF SUPER PATIENT AT THE PLATE | 0
U FAT 14 | -10
CPU FAT 23 | -10
U CONT -50 | -50
C CONT -21 | -50
B.P.RATE 50 | - 0
B.P. GRACE -40 | 0

U.B.C. 4 | 50
C.B.C. 4 | 35
U.B.P. 2 | 35
C.B.P. 2 | 35
U BUNT 50 | 25
C BUNT 50 | 25
U FOUL 50 | 50
C FOUL 50 | 50
C SWING -28 | -25

U OF SPD -14 | 0
C OF SPD -14 | 0
U IF SPD -15 | -15
C IF SPD -15 | -15
U THR SPD -10 | -7
C THR SPD -10 | -7
U THR ACC -5 | -10
C THR ACC -5 | -10
U ERROR 50 | 50
C ERROR 50 | 50
U DIVE -25 | -5
C CATCH 0 | -25

U B.R. SPD -2 | -5
C B.R. SPD -2 | -5
U AGGRESSION 10 | 5
C AGGRESSION 6 | 5
U STL SPD 0 | 2
C STL SPD -6 | 2
U STL DLY -11 | -5
C STL DLY 5 | -5
C STL RATE 2 | 35

Injuries
Runner: 15
Pitcher: 10
Batter: 20
Fielder: 20

Difficulty: MVP
Fielding: Manual
Batting View: PItch 6/ Bat1
Fielding View: Broadcast
Strikezone: Off
Hot/Cold Zones: Fade
PItch Cursor: Off
Hitter's Eye: Off
Catch Circle: On
Variable Strike Zone: On
Blown Calls: On
Fielding Aid: On
Vector Line: Off
Throw Meter: Off
Vibration: Off

I played a 162 game season (and playoffs) and then adjusted the sliders based on the results. Here are a few arguments:

1. The CPU would walk me about 5-10 times game, sometimes more with 8 or 5 ball rate. So, I lowered it to 0, and while I still walk many times, it's down.

2. I'm willing to try the adjusted bullpen rates as I've always had them on 0. My relievers regain stamina quickly between games, and I thought these two sliders were only in game.

3. Your contact and power sliders are really low, Dowie. With my sliders, I hit .272 as a team. I also hit 278 home runs (quite a few), but my walk and strikeout numbers were decent.

4. I steal way too many bases, but I think this is due to the CPU pitcher, something that can not be edited with sliders. The catcher also throws too off target, but that's not something I can really fix. If I increase the accuracy, it'll make all the fielders better.

5. As for injuries, I dealt with plenty through the season, but that's baseball.

6. I get plenty of user walks and strikeouts because of the CPU's low swing rate. Then again, yours is even lower.

That's all I can think of, for now. I suppose I will try your sliders, but I figured I'd show you a comparison.

One more thing... your pitcher fatigue seems really high. Are you able to throw 100+ pitches with your starters? I can get to about 85, but by then the meter is so small I'm giving up mistake pitches every time.
You failed to mention that several slider sets for MVP circulating this board have negative pitch speed because the pitch speed is too fast on MVP level. I tried this and all I can say is lowering pitch speed to jump a higher level defeats the purpose of playing at a higher level. Essentially, by lowering pitch speed, one is playing Allstar level with some MVP level difficulty and not the whole MVP difficulty. Now, I'm all for people adjusting sliders to their skill level but the reason I don't play MVP level is because I strikeout 13 times too much. That tells me the level is too difficult. I admit it.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pberardi
You failed to mention that several slider sets for MVP circulating this board have negative pitch speed because the pitch speed is too fast on MVP level. I tried this and all I can say is lowering pitch speed to jump a higher level defeats the purpose of playing at a higher level. Essentially, by lowering pitch speed, one is playing Allstar level with some MVP level difficulty and not the whole MVP difficulty. Now, I'm all for people adjusting sliders to their skill level but the reason I don't play MVP level is because I strikeout 13 times too much. That tells me the level is too difficult. I admit it.
Hmm. The question I have is what exactly are the difficulty differences between All-Star and MVP? I use 0 pitch speed, and I, at 21 years old, don't have much of a problem. Granted, I do strike out a bit too much, fastballs are very hard to hit, and I tend to hit .210 or lower with star players. That is why I raised the user contact to 50.

Last night, I lowered the user and CPU power to 20 because I think we're hitting too many home runs. I'm thinking about trying Dowie's sliders over the course of season because there is one flaw in my testing:

---- I never turned off blown calls, variable umping, variable "Stuff", energy level effect, and chemistry level effect ----

What this means is my production over the season could have been heavily weighted by these variable factors. So, I'm considering running through a set of games with these variables off in order to get more accurate sliders. What I will consider doing is using Dowie's in my test run, and then modifying based on what I see. I will post the results here.

Last edited by dalnet22; 02-04-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I think you're the first person ever to list sliders to indicate a competition ("versus") someone else's slider set. Why not just post your own?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

thank you, I never said anything about mine being the best ever and everyone elses is subpar. Bottom line is everyone looks for something different out of a game, and everyone has a different set of skill sets.
Before anyone can offer a opinion on another set of sliders thay better have played at least 25 to 50 games with them before they comment. I love how people will play a few innings or quarters whatever the sport and start giving their opinion on a slider set. If you love your slider set so much why even look at anothers. Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
Banned

I suppose I have a hope in finding a perfect slider set. To do that, comparing different slider sets makes sense to me. I don't think my set is necessarily better, but I'm surprised you guys would be surprised at comparing slider sets. Certain sliders, such as pitch speed, meter difficulty, and maybe others are based on the player. But, it seems like there must be a right answer for running speeds, throwing strength, injuries, pitcher stamina, and a few others.

So, I wasn't saying yours' were wrong; I was showing a side by side comparison of mine compared to yours' in order to discuss philosophies and reasons behind them. But, aside from running speeds, injuries, foul balls, and a couple others, I guess it is based on the individual.

And that really sucks because I'm afraid to start a new dynasty before the sliders are as close to real baseball as possible.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Understood. However you need to realize that all the sliders play off of each other. So if you try to incorporate a bunch of slider sets to make the perfect set you'll actually just frustrate yourself. I'd pick a slider set that you think works for you, and start tweaking only that slider set. I have found for the last 5 months that mine play perfectly for me. I spent about 6 months prior to that just playing and playing and tweaking and tweaking until I was completely satisfied, problem is the real season came and went and I didn't even run a real dynasty...just test one's so don't waste too much time or you won't thoroughly enjoy the game. I wish there was a perfect slider set, but we all know that it's a video game, and one just doesn't exist. Good luck and I hope this philosophy helps. Dowie
Old 02-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Understood. However you need to realize that all the sliders play off of each other. So if you try to incorporate a bunch of slider sets to make the perfect set you'll actually just frustrate yourself. I'd pick a slider set that you think works for you, and start tweaking only that slider set. I have found for the last 5 months that mine play perfectly for me. I spent about 6 months prior to that just playing and playing and tweaking and tweaking until I was completely satisfied, problem is the real season came and went and I didn't even run a real dynasty...just test one's so don't waste too much time or you won't thoroughly enjoy the game. I wish there was a perfect slider set, but we all know that it's a video game, and one just doesn't exist. Good luck and I hope this philosophy helps. Dowie
Yeah, you're right. Well, back to the drawing board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »