Home

Old 04-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Home Runs

I don't know how you guys are doing it. I can't hit homeruns no matter who I am.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #18
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

Well if your using a right handed hitter then push up and to the left and if your left handed then push up and to the right. It's that simple. If you do that you will hit homeruns period.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #19
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Wait for mistake pitches. You will mash them.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:11 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

What I usually do is try and minimize the amount of lefthanded hitters in my lineup (due to the glitch). I stock up on righties that can hit righties well like Derrick Lee and Juan Encarnacion. I usually wait for a high inside pitch and try and pull it. If you do that, you should get used to being able to recognize pitch location and pitch types in a split second. If you're on MVP difficulty, I'd just try for the opposite field.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #21
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Woo-hoo! The lefty bug has been disappointing until last night when I hit a 2-run blast out to RF with Brian Giles (lefty) at SBC Park. The pitch was an inside mistake pitch, and when that little red dot lit up, I jumped all over it. I mean I swung early and pulled that sucker. Because lefty HRs are difficult too hit, it was very rewarding! It left in a hurry and landed way out in the cove. However, after it hit, it bounced and rolled along the top of the water But still, one of the best moments of MVP.

And then, later that same game, Ryan Klesko (also a lefty) launched a 3-run bomb into the left CF stands. I ended up winning 9-3 to pull within a half game of the Giants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just take pitches until the pitcher grooves one or you have 2 strikes. I'm averaging around 4-5 walks and 4-5 homeruns a game just by being patient, and that's with the left handed bug (i.e. almost none for Abreu/Thome). On All-Star diff, if you just push up and wait for a grooved pitch a right handed hitter will hit the ball 500 feet almost every time.

Jason
Old 04-20-2004, 03:52 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have 9 HR's with Manny after 12 games. David Ortiz has 0 though, damn lefty bug. Strangely I have 2 HR's with Bill Mueller and they were both with him hitting lefty...Varitek has one from the left side too. Odd huh. I am thinking about just making Ortiz a righty. Can you edit an existing player that way?
Old 04-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #24
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

Yes you can edit Ortiz to be a righty at any time you choose. In my Yankees Dynasty, about 25 games into it, Ortiz has just 1 HR. SO maybe it's his ratings. I'd take a look at his Power number before changing him to righty. Also take a look at what kind of pitchers your facing. He is seriously handicapped against lefty pitchers in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »