Home

New Historic Team Packs

This is a discussion on New Historic Team Packs within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #49
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Historic Team Packs

Let the man spend his hard earned $
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 6

Lol I just matched up with someone that had Elgin Baylor, but it's the old one
Old 12-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2WinIsNow
Who are you to decide how another man can spend his discretionary income? $5o is a dinner out for a family of 3 or 4. The fact the game cost $60 is neither here nor there. It's called capitalism , companies charge whatever they want for a good and if you want it you pay for it. Who are you to decided that $60 is to much for this game? Frankly I'd pay twice that. I think children need to stop discussing finances on the internet until they have an ounce of real world experience.
I am a 29 year old with a PhD and 70,000 in student loan debts who works at a national lab. I play games in my spare time. I don't enjoy having to spend every minute of my spare time playing the same game in order to finish the trophies for said game.

I am not saying this guy doesn't have the right to spend his money getting the team packs. I never said that. I never even said he shouldn't do it. I am saying that the fact that people ARE willing to spend their money to do it is the reason that microtransactions are never going away, and that it completely unbalances modern gaming.

It puts certain aspects of modern games on an un-level playing field for people who want to buy and play lots of different games but not spend more than a grand or two a year on gaming.

My whole point is that games should be tuned to be completed in a reasonable amount of time for people who don't use microtransactions. For people who want to spend money to speed it up, fine. This game is currently not tuned to be completed by someone who doesn't spend money on VC. It's tuned to coerce you to buy VC. That is my problem.

All I really said was "this makes me sad". And it does. I want to complete all of the collections in myteam. But I work 60-70 hours a week and I like to play other games too. This means I can't complete it unless I'm willing to dish out literally hundreds of dollars on VC. And that is ridiculous.

It came off like I'm mad at this guy for spending 50 bucks, but I'm not. I'm mad at 2K for making it such that you have to spend alot of money to have even a chance of finishing a collection in myteam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

Let me put it this way.

There is a trophy for completing all historic collections. I'm not sure off the top of my head how many there are. Right now there are how many packs available? 5 or 6? I can't remember, but let's say 5.

One person in this thread said it took them 400k MT points to complete one team.

Let's assume you average 4500 MT points per game (approximately the road to the playoffs amount; some modes are less / more and you also have to buy contracts usually). So it would take you 89 MT games to finish one historic team. It takes me about 40 minutes per game. So each historic team takes 58 hours of gameplay. Right now there are 5 (6?) teams up until 1/6/14. So completing 5 teams takes 12 days of gaming time. The packs are only available for 14 days.

Every single thing about myteam is tuned to FORCE you to buy VC to have any hope of finishing the collections. That is just not right IMO.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 5

You really shouldn't get duplicates. It's flat out stupid. Just another ploy to get people to buy VC...I've gotten so many duplicates its ridiculous.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Let me put it this way.

Every single thing about myteam is tuned to FORCE you to buy VC to have any hope of finishing the collections. That is just not right IMO.
Truer words have never been typed lol ... That is what "gaming" has come down to now. It's the generation of Add On's ... They realized there are enough people willing to pay extra to have something not everyone else has ... Oh the psychology of capitalism rears its head into the one market no one saw coming ... VIDEO GAMES.

Our days of Atari , Nintendo, and Sega are long gone ... That makes me SAD
Old 12-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #55
Rookie

Just pulled Wilt!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 6

So does anyone know who you get for completing the 71-72 Lakers collection? I see ppl pulling Wilt so it can't be him right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »