Home

How much money have you spent on this mode?

This is a discussion on How much money have you spent on this mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How much money have you spent on this mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Xavyer
LOL... So the truth is "over dramatic"?...

Whatever, man... Spend your money, but don't be surprised when the VC rape gets worse...

"VC rape" sounds just a tad bit over dramatic lol. I don't know about you guys but nobody is raping me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #82
Rookie

Luis241989's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Gotta admit though, it's pretty ridiculous to spend hundreds of dollars on something as meaningless as that. Especially since Myteam is a pretty plain mode. There isn't much to it. You play cheesers who zone you all day on some low difficulty settings. Spending some real money on that seems pretty unreal to me.

But nothing I can do about it off course nor do I really care since it dosn't really affect me.
Its also pretty ridiculous that this game is gonna be irrelevant in a couple of months when 2k15 comes out and you'll have to start from scratch since u wont be able to transfer anything at least when u buy some nice looking jordan shoes u get to keep.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #83
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The "See all posts by" function speaks for itself,

I read fine, it's just that not every one who disagrees with you is incapable of understanding a point....but of there's"nothing to agree or disagree on" , we're just typing about nothing at this point...so feel free to PM me if you feel the need to continue.

Thread probably doesn't have much longer anyway.
Eh, it's not that i think anyone who disagrees with me is incapable of understanding a point, i just think that you specifically tend to miss points. I've had logical debates with others on here. And other people in this thread have told you you're missing the point, so it's not just me.

And i mean, unless you're digging deep through the see all post, i'd say the only thing that speaks for is me talking about video games and boxing lol, if it was like you said it would be all "2k bashing(which is often what you call any criticism of the game by the way). You're reaching a bit. But, a better reference would be the see all threads post, surprisingly, my threads aren't all criticizing 2k, crazy huh?

Nothing really to PM about, it's just a debate. I agree this is getting off topic though. So i guess we can just sum this up as, you misunderstood and thought people were arguing that people aren't allowed to do what they please with their money. When in actuality people are just saying that a lot of people pouring money into this mode is possibly gonna make things worse fore everyone because it sets an example that people will in fact pay for vc despite all the complaints about it.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 04-03-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #84
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Eh, it's not that i think anyone who disagrees with me is incapable of understanding a point, i just think that you specifically tend to miss points. I've had logical debates with others on here. And other people in this thread have told you you're missing the point, so it's not just me.

And i mean, unless you're digging deep through the see all post, i'd say the only thing that speaks for is me talking about video games and boxing lol, if it was like you said it would be all "2k bashing(which is often what you call any criticism of the game by the way). You're reaching a bit. But, a better reference would be the see all threads post, surprisingly, my threads aren't all criticizing 2k, crazy huh?

Nothing really to PM about, it's just a debate. I agree this is getting off topic though. So i guess we can just sum this up as, you misunderstood and thought people were arguing that people aren't allowed to do what they please with their money. When in actuality people are just saying that a lot of people pouring money into this mode is possibly gonna make things worse fore everyone because it sets an example that people will in fact pay for vc despite all the complaints about it.

or we can sum this up as, you felt the need to get the last word and typed a paragraph about nothing, repeating what you've already said....I'm sure you'll jump on the middle of another conversation to tell me i'm missing the point in another thread in the future...see you then.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #85
MVP

^Sure man, if that makes you feel better. I mean like i said, you already had others tell you you're missing the point, it's not just me lol. And i was in this thread and discussion before you were. Let's move on now, it's over.

Anyway, to get back on topic, i have not and will not ever spend money in this mode, i'm sure that's pretty obvious by now. Question though, to the people spending good amounts of money in this mode. Why? What makes you do it? I'm not bashing you or anything, i just honestly don't understand why anyone would want to shell out 300-400$ for something that won't even carry over next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #86
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
How much money have you spent on this mode?

definitely moving on, like I said, we've all been here a long time, and some things speak for themselves.

anyway, I do agree with jyoung said....I think the real issue is that the rewards aren't substantial enough to play the game without feeling the need to bring real $ into the equation. I probably had close to 80k VC just form quick games, tourneys, locker codes etc by the time I started really playing my team so I was straight....but seeing what you get as a result of progressing naturally now is pretty rough....I don't remember it being like that in 2k13. Like I said, I haven't bought VC since I almost lost $ last year, and probably won't again just off principle, but I'd be willing to drop some $ on something like how Live's UT is set up...

I know at one point I got JR Smith 3 times in a row opening packs....I would personably be pissed if I spent real doe on that, lol

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 04-03-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:02 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
"VC rape" sounds just a tad bit over dramatic lol. I don't know about you guys but nobody is raping me.
It's normal for rape victims to be in denial... VC transactions invading every mode in the game is definitely rape in the first degree, and it will only get worse as idiots throw money at 2K for less...
Old 04-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #88
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Xavyer
It's normal for rape victims to be in denial... VC transactions invading every mode in the game is definitely rape in the first degree, and it will only get worse as idiots throw money at 2K for less...
Dude c'mon let's stop with the rape talk...that's one of the most horrible things that can happen to someone. PM the guy if you wanna keep arguing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »