Home

Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff

This is a discussion on Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff

Your best bet then is to open the 93/94 Rockets packs, once you complete the team you unlock the greatest post player of all time in Hakeem Olajuwon and there's only about 8 or 9 cards to collect.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
Rookie

okc350's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
Thanks I'll likely stick to historic packs.

I prefer to work the inside and use the post game but lacking players to do that atm so been focusing on playing through Dandridge. Now I got Sam Jones likely pull up from mid range more and quick transition.

Packs with decent post game big men I guess would be the most needed.
You could try to go for Lamarcus Aldridge in the emerald packs for that purpose. I love playing with him. He's a great low post player and can also step out and hit the mid range jumper consistently. Kevin McHale from the 1986 Celtics would also be a great option. He is one of, if not the best post player ever and you don't need to complete the collection to get him. Hakeem is the most well rounded big man but he will be hard to get without spending money seeing that you have to complete the collection for him. Wilt Chamberlain is a good alternative for a well rounded big man. He's obviously not gonna be hitting much from outside 5 feet but he's a beast down low.

PG: Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry/Gary Payton
SG: '91 Michael Jordan/Monta Ellis/Diamond Kobe
SF: LeBron James/Julius Erving
PF: Blake Griffin/'98 Tim Duncan
C: Bill Russell/1994-95 Shaq
Old 07-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Thanks for the help guys.Things have gone well. Got 93 out of 99 stars on domination. Which in turn gived me a few decent cards even had Lebron twice.

Sold most of them on market which enabled me to get a few classic packs. Current team is.

PG CP3/Westbrook
SG MJ 92/93/Sam Jones/Gail Goodrich 70/71/ Young Kobe
SF Lebron/Dr J 76/77
PF The Dream/ Otis Thorpe
C Lakers Shaq/Al Jefferson

I had MJ and Dr J in my first pack so very lucky Had Shaq first and didn't take long had a new player each pack. Hakeem took a while as kept getting Scott Brooks.

Other than the odd Hack-a-Shaq and stopping Curry 3s it's playing well. Unsure who to target next. Played vs a few Wilts and he seems very hard to get by so would add to my solid big men. Which one is not the pack reward? Also might try for Iverson or a few of the 91 golden state players.

Main question is if I sell someone out of a completed collection will I lose the reward.

Thanks.

Last edited by WelshWizard; 07-19-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #12
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Double post

Last edited by WelshWizard; 07-19-2014 at 06:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »