Home

Tips to get domination Gold Players!!

This is a discussion on Tips to get domination Gold Players!! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tips to get domination Gold Players!!

yeah only beat the pistons by like 10-15 and got Gold Drummond so I mean I doubt you have to blow them out.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I just finished Domination!! Got Lebron from the My Team player pack (rank 1)!! After finishing domination my team looks like this (stacked)

Chris Paul/ John Wall/ Kyrie Irving
Lebron James/John Wall/ Kyrie Irving
Paul George/ Carmello Anthony
Anthony Davis/ Tim Duncan/ Serge Ibaka
Tim Duncan/ Chris Bosh/ Brooks Lopez

extras: Dirk Nowitzki, Terrance Ross
use a real shooting guard.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubby
I would just switch Lebron and George. George is a good SG and he is quick enough to guard them.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubby
If I had a good SG I would, I really want James Harden but the best SG's I have right now are T-Ross and Bradley Beal. Ross is an absolute beast for a 76 rated player but Lebron is simply better
Old 10-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #13
Rookie

How do you guys consistently get 700 points+ in domination? I blow teams out by 20-30points with only getting 650-700 points. I don't get it, frustrating.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywpt
How do you guys consistently get 700 points+ in domination? I blow teams out by 20-30points with only getting 650-700 points. I don't get it, frustrating.
An assisted post-up fadeaway is worth 11 MT every offensive possession.

Just run a 3-out, 2-in offense and keep feeding your big men post fades all game.

Try to find PF/C who have an 80+ post fade rating and the "fade ace" badge.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywpt
you need to shoot 100% from the free throw line....shoot %100 from 3

when you make your first 3 pointer...don't shoot another one....you get 1 extra MT coin for hitting a 3 instead of a 2....you get 100 MT coins for shooting 100% from 3.....unless you make 25 3's and shoot 75% you aren't going to make up the difference in 100% from 3

use post moves....spam the crap out of them....i have gotten over 200 points in a game from post moves alone....i start a center at point guard so that the other team's point guard is guarding him....makes fade aways practically automatic with a semi-competent post player....i used markeiff morris a lot and then brook lopez

fast breaks....set your POE to run in transition and fast break teams to death...4 extra points for every break....4 extra points for every assist so rack them up as well...always look for a cheap outlet pass for a dunk...if you can't get to the rim for a quick score, back it out and feed your post player

set you POE to crash offensive glass as well...second chance points are nice little boost to score at the end of the game

play dumb defense....double team like crazy....go for dumb steals and try to bait your opposition into quick jumpers....whether they make it or not is rather inconsequential as long as you keep the lead...the biggest negative of an opponent score is that you have no rebound opportunity on the play

do that and you will consistently score between 900-950

i pretty much did this for the last 2/3 of domination after i realized what a big boost post ups got
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
An assisted post-up fadeaway is worth 11 MT every offensive possession.

Just run a 3-out, 2-in offense and keep feeding your big men post fades all game.

Try to find PF/C who have an 80+ post fade rating and the "fade ace" badge.
Awesome, good tip. I Have Dirk, so I have the player covered, just need to up some badges to gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
you need to shoot 100% from the free throw line....shoot %100 from 3

when you make your first 3 pointer...don't shoot another one....you get 1 extra MT coin for hitting a 3 instead of a 2....you get 100 MT coins for shooting 100% from 3.....unless you make 25 3's and shoot 75% you aren't going to make up the difference in 100% from 3

use post moves....spam the crap out of them....i have gotten over 200 points in a game from post moves alone....i start a center at point guard so that the other team's point guard is guarding him....makes fade aways practically automatic with a semi-competent post player....i used markeiff morris a lot and then brook lopez

fast breaks....set your POE to run in transition and fast break teams to death...4 extra points for every break....4 extra points for every assist so rack them up as well...always look for a cheap outlet pass for a dunk...if you can't get to the rim for a quick score, back it out and feed your post player

set you POE to crash offensive glass as well...second chance points are nice little boost to score at the end of the game

play dumb defense....double team like crazy....go for dumb steals and try to bait your opposition into quick jumpers....whether they make it or not is rather inconsequential as long as you keep the lead...the biggest negative of an opponent score is that you have no rebound opportunity on the play

do that and you will consistently score between 900-950

i pretty much did this for the last 2/3 of domination after i realized what a big boost post ups got
Thanks for the detailed explanation, I'll try this out. It kind of sucks that the mode rewards playing bad defense to get ball back faster, tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »