Home

This is the key to stopping 3pt spammers

This is a discussion on This is the key to stopping 3pt spammers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This is the key to stopping 3pt spammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
The amount of lag fluctuates for me depending on when I play. Early morning through to early evening on a week day there is almost no lag at all. Between 7pm and midnight it can range from "passable" to "unplayable"
This sounds a lot more like ISP throttling and QoS problems with your ISP (i.e. youtube slow downs) due to peering issues (since it is time of day based) than anything to do with a game.

For examples of this type of issue, please refer to articles discussing peering and QoS.

- brian

/relevant tangent
Old 11-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
Rookie

Even when I play on ball intense D/contest they still make it at an incredible rate when Im contesting while standing as close to possible.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

How to stop 3 point spammers for real:

step 1: get to the 2nd seed
step 2: actually play someone from the 2nd seed
step 3: play defense
step 4: if they spam 3's, watch them miss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowroa
This sounds a lot more like ISP throttling and QoS problems with your ISP (i.e. youtube slow downs) due to peering issues (since it is time of day based) than anything to do with a game.

For examples of this type of issue, please refer to articles discussing peering and QoS.

- brian

/relevant tangent
Thanks. I appreciate the info.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:15 PM   #13
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
The amount of lag fluctuates for me depending on when I play. Early morning through to early evening on a week day there is almost no lag at all. Between 7pm and midnight it can range from "passable" to "unplayable"
I almost always play at like 2am to try and get as little lag as possible

always horrible though
Old 11-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Naturally, people are going to post their complaints on here. No one posts "Online is working great for me! NO lag! I love playing 2K online!" because that's boring and it really isn't necessary to tell everyone that the game is actually doing what it was supposed to be doing. As for everyone that is complaining about lag, that still comes out to a small percentage of people that actually bought the game. This online community does not represent the majority of the gaming community. It represents the more hardcore NBA 2K player. The casual gamer that picks up NBA 2k because they want to play a basketball game most likely will never even know about operation sports, let alone join and post. I can say that I've honestly met dozens of people that play NBA 2K and don't know about this place. And from what I've heard from them, they haven't had (serious) problems with lag either. But hey, take that for what it's worth to you.

with 2k sports games this is absolutely necessary to tell people...their online modes have always been horrible

the only 2k game I've ever played online with minimal lag was 2k14 for ps3 last year...however, upon buying a ps4 and getting the ps4 game....lag and constant disconnects ruined it

and I would say that there is much, much more than than a small minority who experience severe lag in 2k basketball games....as I don't have a single friend IRL who talks about how smooth NBA2k is online

2k has a terrible reputation for online play and functionality for a good reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »