Home

Where's all the historic players?

This is a discussion on Where's all the historic players? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where's all the historic players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
LOL. Lots of people care.

And it adds more depth to the mode...which desperately NEEDS it. Sorry, but there is MORE to MyTeam than just playing with STACKED teams of superstars an legends...and running around turbo-dunking.

The bottom line is MORE players...more options...more depth...more everything.

And a way to play other players besides RTTP. Some kind of online challenges/tourneys would be awesome.

Set a roster restriction....and then let us play someone online with the same restriction.
euro players are trash but there is a new card challenge yay!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Where's all the historic players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I hear what you are saying about some players not caring...and only wanting the STARS.

Personally, I think the whole card collecting aspect of MyTeam makes it so everyone feels as though they are eventually entitled to have EVERY player...and I think that's BAD for MyTeam.

I wish it was more like FIFA, but that's just me. It would be interesting if the stars were more difficult to get...

I also think the players are not properly separated.

David Lee and LeBron James are NOT equal. Classifying them BOTH as GOLD players is insanity.

After the original MyTeam in 2K13, they took this Diamond/Ruby/Sapphire idea and made into something cartoonish.

They should have instead added another level for the ELITE current players. Something like Platinum for the best 10 to 12 players in the NBA...the guys who truly dominate in the NBA and in 2K.

The list isn't hard....LeBron, Blake, Melo, CP3, Curry, Dwight, Durant, Paul Gerorge, etc.

Another tier of players would really help. Especially when it comes to roster restrictions.

The way it is now...there are Gold players that no one will ever use.

Back to the EuroLeague players...I think adding them adds more to MyTeam, but that's also because I think MyTeam moves too quickly into a mode that is just all about superstars.

I think the mode would be more fun if it had more depth and moved slower by making it more difficult to get the best players. Forcing you to use other players and combinations instead of just putting together All Star teams.

The addition of more players would help with that. But I doubt it will ever be added.

MyTeam has basically become the game mode for cheesers who ONLY want to play with teams full of the BEST players...and not those who want to build teams creatively and with a strategy.

I really wish that wasn't the case...but it is.

Perfectly said. Great minds think alike lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »