Home

Throwback Thursday 11/20

This is a discussion on Throwback Thursday 11/20 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Throwback Thursday 11/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
He has a lot of fans internationally, plus Chicago fans would want to upgrade current Gasol. These packs also cost a lot so people would first try to recoup their MT and/or make the biggest profit possible.

I guarantee someone is duplicating him. Just as an experiment I bought one at 45k to see what would happen. Shortly after another one was released at the exact same price. It sat for about a half hour and then a couple more were released a little below that again...someone is still doing it.
Lol no one is duping. Everyone is just buying TBT packs because word has spread that 2K has upped the Onyx pull rates. You can see in the other thread that people have been getting an Onyx every five or so packs. Gasol, being the worst Onyx, seems to have the highest pull rate - and, as has been said, nobody wants him. I ended up selling mine for 45k about 6 hours ago and I made a profit because I only opened 5 packs: everyone is doing it.

This is the exact same pattern that happens in FIFA Ultimate Team every time there is a happy hour - more packs opened pushes the prices down.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb_33
Lol no one is duping. Everyone is just buying TBT packs because word has spread that 2K has upped the Onyx pull rates. You can see in the other thread that people have been getting an Onyx every five or so packs. Gasol, being the worst Onyx, seems to have the highest pull rate - and, as has been said, nobody wants him. I ended up selling mine for 45k about 6 hours ago and I made a profit because I only opened 5 packs: everyone is doing it.

This is the exact same pattern that happens in FIFA Ultimate Team every time there is a happy hour - more packs opened pushes the prices down.
He's not the worst Onyx though, why are you guys insisting on that? Seems like I hit a nerve here.

Last edited by knick9; 11-21-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
He's not the worst Onyx though, why are you guys insisting on that?
There's just no market for him. He's an 85 overall and he's priced in excess of 40,000. For that price you could get AD, badge him up, and actually use him in all of the game modes that don't allow you to use Onyx players.

Now that packs are actually handing out Onyx players at a decent rate, for them to be pricey they have to be either otherwise unavailable players (e.g. Allen, Lewis) or really good at their position/a particular role (e.g. Dirk, Duncan).

I only bought Onyx packs today (I haven't previously) because I read that people were getting Onyxes at a high rate and selling them on for profit. I spent 30k, got Gasol and sold him for 45k and sold everything else I got for another 15k. Easy profit.

Heaps of people are buying TBT packs to sell, hence the high supply and constant undercutting. Not sure why you bought Gasol for 45k; the guy you bought it off probably used the points to buy more TBT packs and sell more Onyxes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
There's just no market for him. He's an 85 overall and he's priced in excess of 40,000. For that price you could get AD, badge him up, and actually use him in all of the game modes that don't allow you to use Onyx players.

Now that packs are actually handing out Onyx players at a decent rate, for them to be pricey they have to be either otherwise unavailable players (e.g. Allen, Lewis) or really good at their position/a particular role (e.g. Dirk, Duncan).

I only bought Onyx packs today (I haven't previously) because I read that people were getting Onyxes at a high rate and selling them on for profit. I spent 30k, got Gasol and sold him for 45k and sold everything else I got for another 15k. Easy profit.

Heaps of people are buying TBT packs to sell, hence the high supply and constant undercutting. Not sure why you bought Gasol for 45k; the guy you bought it off probably used the points to buy more TBT packs and sell more Onyxes.
We're not talking about comparing him with golds, we're talking about other Onyx players. Boozer can't defend in the post, Amar'e comes with two worthless badges, Brand is boring as hell, Rashard is a one trick pony, you can't tell me Gasol isn't comparable to those guys as far as desirability.

You acted like the idea of duplicating players was hilarious when it was going on just a few days ago, like it couldn't be happening again... I know it's happening because I buy and sell all the time and I know the behavior of the people who were duping. Undercutting is real but not by tens of thousands of dollars right away.

And I can tell how many packs are being bought because of all the other items on the market--not a whole lot right now. People simply aren't going crazy with the packs as you suggest.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
We're not talking about comparing him with golds, we're talking about other Onyx players. Boozer can't defend in the post, Amar'e comes with two worthless badges, Brand is boring as hell, Rashard is a one trick pony, you can't tell me Gasol isn't comparable to those guys as far as desirability.

You acted like the idea of duplicating players was hilarious when it was going on just a few days ago, like it couldn't be happening again... I know it's happening because I buy and sell all the time and I know the behavior of the people who were duping. Undercutting is real but not by tens of thousands of dollars right away.

And I can tell how many packs are being bought because of all the other items on the market--not a whole lot right now. People simply aren't going crazy with the packs as you suggest.
You obviously compare players with other players in the position when you think about buying them. I'm not going to buy a player just because they're an Onyx, if I can get a Gold player who is better.

It's clear that 2K has changed the rates at which Onyxes are pulled and it's equally clear that individual Onyxes have different pull rates. Gasol seems to be very common and no one wants him, so his price is naturally going to plummet. When I got my Gasol, I listed him at 90,000 which was the cheapest at the time. Then 60,000 which was the cheapest at the time. Then 45,000 and he sold. I didn't want him and was willing to let him go at whatever the going price was, so long as I still turned a profit. Seems everyone else is the same.

People have indeed been going crazy with packs. I've also been getting bargains all day from people selling all the other items they've been getting in packs. Multiple Microwave, Posteriser, and Limitless Range badges for 500. Bought Durant for 40,000. Lebron for 50,000. But then I spend a lot of time on the market.

I get the apprehension, but it doesn't even make sense to dupe Gasol of all players, like another poster said if there's heaps of Dirks or Duncans on the market then that will be worrying.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
I get the apprehension, but it doesn't even make sense to dupe Gasol of all players, like another poster said if there's heaps of Dirks or Duncans on the market then that will be worrying.
Uh, people don't want to do something obvious that would get them caught and their account deleted.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS GASOL I WILL BE LISTING SEVERAL TONIGHT FOR 25K ON PS4 (at a loss for me but don't care since I think the AH is ruined again) AT 6PM EST.

Now sit back and watch all the dupers start selling at that price before then to beat me.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #39
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't say for sure about the onyx players cuz I didn't check them, but someone is definitely still duping. Two days ago there were only 3 Dwight's on the xbone market, all going for over 30k. Last night there were atleast 15 of them. I bought one for 17000.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners
Old 11-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Uh, people don't want to do something obvious that would get them caught and their account deleted.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS GASOL I WILL BE LISTING SEVERAL TONIGHT FOR 25K ON PS4 (at a loss for me but don't care since I think the AH is ruined again) AT 6PM EST.

Now sit back and watch all the dupers start selling at that price before then to beat me.
Okay. Keep fighting the good fight buddy, I don't really know what else to say. You would rage quit on FUT every time there's a happy hour and prices drop like crazy.

It's clear as day that people are buying lots of packs, the whole market has seen increased supply and reduced prices. Westbrook and Rose, for example, dropped below 10k (I'm not online right now, perhaps they're still at that price). Everything is cheaper, but then I'm sure you'll take that to mean that everything is being duped.

I've been playing 'Ultimate Team' games for longer than 2K has been doing MyTeam and this is normal. The only reason this wasn't happening on TBTs before now was that 2K messed up the pull rates on TBT packs. Now, the packs more frequently produce Onyxes and Golds and so, on every Thursday, prices will drop as more packs are opened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »