Home

04 Challenge...WTF

This is a discussion on 04 Challenge...WTF within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
04 Challenge...WTF

Is there a Challenge where the CPU cheats any more than this one?

I'm about to give up on this one...it's just not worth the frustration for a measly 1500 MT.

First off, they show Aldridge in the picture...and in most games, he doesn't even see the court. I mean...why play LA when you have a legend like Andrea Bargnani...?

I guess it's probably a good thing because if Aldridge played in this one, he'd probably score 100.

Kyle Lowry is unstoppable...and Rudy Gay plays like a monster while also defending like Kawhi.

Paul Millsap just kills me at center. The first game this morning he goes for 25 and 17 with 8 offensive rebounds...WTF?!!?

The next game...he kills me again. I was too mad to look at the stats after losing in OT, but midway thru the 4th I know he had 7 offensive rebounds! It's not like he's abusing DeAndre Jordan at center or anything...oh wait, he is.

Bargnani also makes plays and grabs offensive rebounds...I try to abuse him with post players like Diaw or KG...and he locks them down.

The WORST part of this challenge is is FEELS like I don't have control of my team. On top of that, whenever I play this one, my team makes so many dumb mistakes on both sides of the ball. Stupid passes thrown right to the defense...and failure to matchup and box out on defense along with some switches that are just mind-boggling when watched on Instant Replay.

And let's not even get into just how many wide open almost perfect releases I seem to miss when playing these guys.(sigh)

Anyone else have issues with this one? Or am I just off my game?

Every single time I try to play this one...I feel like I am being TROLLED.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 04 Challenge...WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17

I'm about to give up on this one...it's just not worth the frustration for a measly 1500 MT.

First off, they show Aldridge in the picture...and in most games, he doesn't even see the court. I mean...why play LA when you have a legend like Andrea Bargnani...?

I guess it's probably a good thing because if Aldridge played in this one, he'd probably score 100.

Kyle Lowry is unstoppable...and Rudy Gay plays like a monster while also defending like Kawhi.

Paul Millsap just kills me at center. The first game this morning he goes for 25 and 17 with 8 offensive rebounds...WTF?!!?

The next game...he kills me again. I was too mad to look at the stats after losing in OT, but midway thru the 4th I know he had 7 offensive rebounds! It's not like he's abusing DeAndre Jordan at center or anything...oh wait, he is.

Bargnani also makes plays and grabs offensive rebounds...I try to abuse him with post players like Diaw or KG...and he locks them down.

The WORST part of this challenge is is FEELS like I don't have control of my team. On top of that, whenever I play this one, my team makes so many dumb mistakes on both sides of the ball. Stupid passes thrown right to the defense...and failure to matchup and box out on defense along with some switches that are just mind-boggling when watched on Instant Replay.

And let's not even get into just how many wide open almost perfect releases I seem to miss when playing these guys.(sigh)

I had no trouble beating them with an all bronze team. You probably just had an off game.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb_33
I had no trouble beating them with an all bronze team. You probably just had an off game.
I've lost like 4 in a row to that team. And got blown out in two of them...
Old 11-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
I've lost like 4 in a row to that team. And got blown out in two of them...
I believe the reason that the CPU bigs get so many offensive boards is that your own bigs, under AI control, almost never box out (it's infuriating).

I'm able to counter this by manually playing as the centre (Gobert for me - DJ should be even better, of course) and making sure I box out and get the board.

I'm able to get high teens in rebounds with Gobert each game doing this.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:

I understand your frustration with the switching thing God that pisses me off they don't even make any sense at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

the jazz pick up one is pain in the *** i got destory by lillard and lemarcus they scored a combine 62 points it took me 4 tries to do the 07 one i didn't these one yet but i'm going to wait until i get lebron
Old 11-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

Not just that, but the challenges in general seem much more difficult than the Domination games.

In Domination, once you get the lead, the games get out of control fast, and by the end you're just worried about getting enough MT. I started off the challenges thinking, "Oh, I don't have to worry about getting enough MT, I just gotta win, I'll run a slower tempo, run plays, simple right?" Nope.

The Level 1 and 2 challenges aren't too bad, because most of the challenges you face pretty bad players, and although sometimes one of them will go off(Gal Mekel scored like 18 on me in one of them), it's no problem. It's once you get to the Level 4 ones that you start noticing weird stuff.

I'm not the one to cry out about scripting and stuff, but there seems to be some minor CPU AI rubberbanding going on in the background, it's not bad enough to be gamebreaking, but if you're having a bad day and your frustration is building up, it can get to ya.

I'm with you on the offensive rebounds, the offensive rebounding by the AI is absurd every game, and since these games can't be adjusted by sliders, your best bet would be to manually control your big men and box out. If you don't the CPU eats you up on offensive boards, not only that they'll make their putbacks 9/10 times, even with a big man that has low inside scoring attributes, you can contest all you like, I've had 3 players on my team crowd and jump in front of Alex Len, only to see him make a 360 turnaround bank shot off the glass after an o-reb like it was nothing. Ever notice when you get an offensive rebound back with a decent gold big like Cousins? You can go right back up with the ball, but it'll just rims out, the user putbacks feel like coin flips, and since there's no shot meter to it, sometimes you just feel hopeless and pray it goes in.

Last edited by Heatcheck3s; 11-22-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatcheck3s
Not just that, but the challenges in general seem much more difficult than the Domination games.
Bizarrely, it has been completely opposite for me. Domination was a real slog. I struggled to just win games let alone get the MT to unlock rewards. I had to change how I play in regards to camera view just so I could switch to my inside players to rebound after shots. But afterwards when I did the challenges.... I breezed through them to the point I was just using random silver/bronze players around Durant or Jefferson, who were my 'fail safe' players if I got behind.

Last edited by fuub; 11-23-2014 at 04:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »