Home

Challenges Mode

This is a discussion on Challenges Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Challenges Mode

I had a pretty good game in the Opening Day challenge last night. I had to wait a bit to qualify for it because you need 13 gold players to play. Down two with less than a minute left and the shot clock running down, I kicked it out to LeBron and he buried what must've been a 30-footer to give me a one-point lead. I got a stop and scored again with LeBron to push the lead out to three, and the CPU missed a game-tying three to end it.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

i finally got the southpaws challenge done it is a pain in the *** and lenny wilkins is not even that good
Old 12-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock920
i finally got the southpaws challenge done it is a pain in the *** and lenny wilkins is not even that good
Yeah, I'm not sure if the difficulty for this challenge is higher than others or not, but I definitely had more trouble with this challenge than any of the others so far. I rarely lose challenge games, but I lost the first 2 games of this challenge before winning the next 3.

I'm working on the Beasts of the East challenge now. Only 3 challenges remaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #12
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookemhorns1441
Run them to death. Go small and run every time to get easy buckets. When you're in a half court offense just drive and kick or, if you don't mind cheesin the CPU a little, step back with Lillard or PG and use that limitless. CPU won't be close enough to contest so you should be good if you know the release. Then if they step up blow past them.
So just cheese it and run Domination style and hope to outscore them? Fair enough, will give it a go.

I wish there were more modes that rewarded actual NBA-style gameplay than just this Harlem Globetrotters run and gun BS :\

Thanks man.

Since it's my last Challenge and I've got all Domination stars, what is the best way to earn more MT points fast? I am trying to complete collections but I play on PC and the auction house is MUCH more bare than PS4/XBOne
Old 12-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #13
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
So just cheese it and run Domination style and hope to outscore them? Fair enough, will give it a go.

I wish there were more modes that rewarded actual NBA-style gameplay than just this Harlem Globetrotters run and gun BS :\

Thanks man.

Since it's my last Challenge and I've got all Domination stars, what is the best way to earn more MT points fast? I am trying to complete collections but I play on PC and the auction house is MUCH more bare than PS4/XBOne
It sounds like buying packs may be your only option if you can't find any logos/coaches/arenas/jerseys for a reasonable price that you don't already have in your collection.

How many cards do you have?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:57 AM   #14
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2K
It sounds like buying packs may be your only option if you can't find any logos/coaches/arenas/jerseys for a reasonable price that you don't already have in your collection.

How many cards do you have?
593 cards now, I have completed the Heat and Pacers collections previously but blew most of my gains on sh1tty VIP packs that rewarded me with junk mostly
Old 12-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

New Rip City challenge.

Can anyone tell me what the reward is? I won't be able to check for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2K
New Rip City challenge.

Can anyone tell me what the reward is? I won't be able to check for a while.
You must use 8 blazers and the reward is 3k MT. The games are easy though as you play 76ers, Knicks, raptors, hawks, and lakers. These challenges are nice because you can run a tight 7 man rotation with regular starting 5, Aldridge, and Lillard, with bench blazers who don't need to play.
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »