Home

Challenges Mode

This is a discussion on Challenges Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Challenges Mode

There's a thread for Domination discussion, and there's usually threads for new weekly challenges, but I wanted to start one with general discussion of all the challenges, so... here goes.

I just had a great game in the second game of three of the Pick Up the Pace challenge. It's single elimination, so I obviously couldn't afford to lose. It was a low-scoring game, and I won 50-48 thanks to a Rajon Rondo layup with 3.3 seconds left.

Also, during the game, after I splashed a wide open jumper off the pick-and-pop with Chris Bosh, the game cut to the dreaded injury cutscene. Bosh missed the rest of the game. I got back to the menu to find out that he'll be out SIXTEEN GAMES with a torn Achilles. Thanks a bunch, 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Challenges Mode

Injury cheese is strong in the challenges where you have to win multiple games ... In the unsung heroes challenge I lost Allen Iverson for 16 and Harden for 12 in the SAME DAMN GAME!! Harden broke his damn ankle on a wide open jumper Plus leg injury cards are pretty rare on ps4 AH.

Does anyone know if you can heal injuries through using MT or VC in the same way you can when you run out of contracts? I thought for ages that you had to buy contracts from AH till I realised you can top them up if you have no cards. Can you do the same with injuries?
Old 12-15-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
Rookie

This pick up the pace challenge is just impossible to beat 3 times in a row LeBron just makes everything regardless of who's on him. Just lost again to Russell Westbrook with a desperation 3 with the shot clock running down just sooo annoying.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

For the life of me I CANNOT beat the CPU on the MVP challenge. I have had every other challenge complete for ages and I always get 2/3 on the MVP challenge but then get stomped on the third game, I really hate these "win x in a row" instead of "best out of x" challenges as they ratchet up the difficulty on the last game EVERY TIME.

Lillard and Paul George missing wide open 3 pointers, LeBron bricking layups blah blah. I don't mind losing but I hate how the game just makes things unrealistic in order to be "challenging", very frustrating :\

Any tips for winning the MVP challenge from any of you pros?
Old 12-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
For the life of me I CANNOT beat the CPU on the MVP challenge. I have had every other challenge complete for ages and I always get 2/3 on the MVP challenge but then get stomped on the third game, I really hate these "win x in a row" instead of "best out of x" challenges as they ratchet up the difficulty on the last game EVERY TIME.

Lillard and Paul George missing wide open 3 pointers, LeBron bricking layups blah blah. I don't mind losing but I hate how the game just makes things unrealistic in order to be "challenging", very frustrating :\

Run them to death. Go small and run every time to get easy buckets. When you're in a half court offense just drive and kick or, if you don't mind cheesin the CPU a little, step back with Lillard or PG and use that limitless. CPU won't be close enough to contest so you should be good if you know the release. Then if they step up blow past them.
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai

Yeah i beat it a couple weeks ago then after the third game when i exited out to claim my sapphire pettit it said i failed to win and had to start over. i was dealing with 2k and they all "understand" but they dont do anything. i havent tried again bc it was so hard

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 12-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
Yeah i beat it a couple weeks ago then after the third game when i exited out to claim my sapphire pettit it said i failed to win and had to start over. i was dealing with 2k and they all "understand" but they dont do anything. i havent tried again bc it was so hard
With that lineup I'm sure you wouldn't have any issues haha
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Old 12-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookemhorns1441
With that lineup I'm sure you wouldn't have any issues haha
You can only have 3 gold. and the rest silver. I have lebron chris paul and paul george as my best gold players. i mean i could do it again it is just super frustrating

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »