Home

Trying to get Diamond Durant, what's the best strategy to do this in my situation?

This is a discussion on Trying to get Diamond Durant, what's the best strategy to do this in my situation? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-29-2015, 07:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Trying to get Diamond Durant, what's the best strategy to do this in my situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
I would not bother anymore. I have diamond Durant and he sucks. 2k really messed him up. He's an exceptional shooter irl but you can't make jumpers with him consistently in this game. Practiced his shot in the training section for hours and still get frustrated even in offline play. LeBron release is bad plus he's not the shooter Durant is but I make everything with him. Durant has the same 3pt rating as Curry but is not half as effective as him making open jumpers.
I think he is awesome. I hit a ton of 3s with him. Not as many since they patched it but still quite a bit. And his drives are unreal. As good as anyone driving to the hoop. He will be in my starting lineup till i get a 99 Jordan

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 01-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
Pro

Re: Trying to get Diamond Durant, what's the best strategy to do this in my situation

Maybe it is just one of those things that happens. I mean I have been making a higher percentage of three pointers with Ruby Nash than Gold Stephen Curry who has the higher 3 point rating by about 10 IIRC.

I just played the Hornets like 3 straight times because I failed to get enough points(needed 6 points...if only that last rebound I grabbed after the buzzer counted) to unlock all 3 packs though. They seem to have good 3 point defense even when you are wide open. Curry and Melo clanking three pointers when other times I'd nail them with them. Once you miss the first three and mess up the points thing you might as well shoot more.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeghoul
I have 191k MT and have 11 of the guys needed for KD:

Rajon Rondo
Zach Randolph
Al Horford
Deron Williams
Paul George
Andre Drummond
Dwight Howard
Tony Parker
Kevin Durant
Damian Lillard
John Wall

I haven't done any of the 25k team collections yet but these don't seem to be an option because it would cost me more than 25k to complete most of them. The silvers in these collections going for 10k+ is ridiculous. Is there a way I can maneuver this to finish getting the other 19 guys with only 191k?
Don't know if you completed this yet or not, but with 191k you should easily be able to just buy the remainder of the guys you need. LeBron is the only one that will really hit your wallet. Many of the other guys can be had now for under 10k, some as low as 3-4k. Getting Diamond Durant should be a breeze now with 191k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
Maybe it is just one of those things that happens. I mean I have been making a higher percentage of three pointers with Ruby Nash than Gold Stephen Curry who has the higher 3 point rating by about 10 IIRC.

I just played the Hornets like 3 straight times because I failed to get enough points(needed 6 points...if only that last rebound I grabbed after the buzzer counted) to unlock all 3 packs though. They seem to have good 3 point defense even when you are wide open. Curry and Melo clanking three pointers when other times I'd nail them with them. Once you miss the first three and mess up the points thing you might as well shoot more.

I had high hopes for Curry but I just cant get his shot down. I was horrible with him. I sold him a while back for like 21k. One of my top 3 point shooters n this game has been Sapphire Robertson. That guy is a beast and nail so many with him. But I am shooting way less 3s now then earlier in the year

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 01-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #13
Pro

Are the player rewards in domination random? It seemed like I got better players when I went through the PS4 version. I know I got Melo on both(PS4 and Xbox One) and just got Durant. Hopefully I get LeBron that way I don't have to buy him.

Last edited by 2kplayer099; 01-29-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 AM   #14
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
Are the player rewards in domination random? It seemed like I got better players when I went through the PS4 version. I know I got Melo on both(PS4 and Xbox One) and just got Durant. Hopefully I get LeBron that way I don't have to buy him.
I believe they are random but I noticed a weird pattern maybe it was just an isolated case. On Xbox I got gold players on teams i managed to beat by a large margin. I got Rondo, Davis, Melo and Paul from their respective team packs and those were games I won by 25 or more. The All Star teams i got another Paul, Rose and Marc. The one i got Rose was the only one I won by that margin. On PS4 I got Harden and Wade on games won by 25+ and i got Parker against the East All Stars on a close game. The west gave me Howard on a 15 point win and the last one got me LeBron on a 29 pts win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »