Home

Onyx Tim Duncan and Onyx Oscar Robertson

This is a discussion on Onyx Tim Duncan and Onyx Oscar Robertson within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Onyx Tim Duncan and Onyx Oscar Robertson

To those of you who have and use either of them, are they worth the 150k/300k MT if you already have slightly worse versions of both of them? I have 300k MT to spend and was wondering if any of you could tell me whether or not either of them would be a good investment.

Thanks for the help and if you have any questions about the boys I roll with on my squad HMU!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Onyx Tim Duncan and Onyx Oscar Robertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic21
To those of you who have and use either of them, are they worth the 150k/300k MT if you already have slightly worse versions of both of them? I have 300k MT to spend and was wondering if any of you could tell me whether or not either of them would be a good investment.

Thanks for the help and if you have any questions about the boys I roll with on my squad HMU!
I have Oscar and he is a monster. He can do anything you need him to do and plays a lot better than the sapphire one for me. However, if you're trying to get the best player you can for that much, 86-87 Magic Johnson is better and cheaper. He doesn't have the jumper that oscar has, but he finishes absolutely everything near the paint and he is the best defensive PG in the game.

edit: given that you start sapphire MJ, who can't shoot, for spacing purposes Oscar is probably a better fit
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Old 01-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic21

They aren't bad, but there are guys with better bang for your buck out there. Ruby Gary Payton for 40k is a great deal for a great player. Ruby Magic is also great for his price. For big guys, I prefer Moses Malone, Bill Russell, and Hakeem over onyx duncan since you can sell the players back when you get the sapphire.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree on the Magic Johnson front. Last year he was my starting PG after I beat RTTP and he makes the craziest layups and passes. Onyx Oscar is a great shooter and his shot is easy so I'm having a tough time deciding.

I probably won't be getting Onyx Duncan because after I proposed this question I went up against one in RTTP and he grabbed 1 rebound. That was a deal breaker lol.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Onyx Oscar Robertson is the best PG in the game. He's worth every Penny. I haven't tried the Duncan, but it looks good. You never know though you have to try them out first or get opinion from someone that has him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smoove
Onyx Oscar Robertson is the best PG in the game. He's worth every Penny. I haven't tried the Duncan, but it looks good. You never know though you have to try them out first or get opinion from someone that has him.
I agree that onyx Oscar is the best PG in the game right now. However, I don't think he's worth 260k more than ruby Gary Payton. Right now if I were you, I'd get Payton and upgrade another position with the 260k you'll have left. Or just hold onto the 260k and save it for an upcoming onyx card, you never know what might be coming soon. Hopefully a prime Wilt, T-Mac, or Yao are coming soon, although they will probably be priced insane at first.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #7
Rookie

In my opinion, Magic Johnson 86-87 is the best PG in the game. And Onix Oscar Robertson is the best bank to replace Magic in position 1. So much so that both are on my team . I've tried all players this position and these two are offensively and devensivamente the best. Worth every penny invested.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:58 AM   #8
Banned

Big O (Onyx) is faster and got a best shoot so he might be the best PG in my opinion (i use ruby Magic as sub).
I would like to have a try with Onyx Nash though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »