Home

Old 01-31-2015, 01:34 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Yao Ming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockersdash
2K is desperate
I don't have any sort of connection with 2K...

I'm just asking for feedback to get a feel for what other players want...that way when I post about MyTeam in the future I can have a feel for what other people think, on top of my own opinions.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:42 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
And I'm interested to know if 2K could get you back into RTTP if it made changes to the structure of it and fewer super teams...or added a head-to-head version of RTTP that was more like the Challenges.
Improvement #1

Eliminate the input lag in RTTP. NBA 2K sells close to as many copies each year as Madden and FIFA, yet those two games play flawlessly online, while NBA 2K continues to be a lag-fest online.

Improvement #2

Create an alternate RTTP ladder with the following lineup restrictions:

A) 2 gold players OR 1 sapphire/diamond/ruby/emerald player
B) 3 silver players
C) 7 bronze players OR 8 bronze players if you picked a sapphire/etc.

In addition to that, you would have a team salary that's based on all your cards' combined overall ratings. This would prevent everyone from picking LeBron/Durant/Jordan as their two golds. People could only afford to pay one of those "GOAT tier" players, and would have to settle for a lesser #2 gold guy instead like Wade/Westbrook/Pippen.

Basically, they just need to make RTTP like All-Pro Football 2K8, which to this day, is still one of the most balanced multiplayer sports games ever made.

The mode would also be way better if you had access to every player in the game from the very beginning, like in APF 2K8, and didn't have to go through all of this card collecting nonsense.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-31-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:48 AM   #35
Rookie

I don't know about you guys..but I play sports games for the Simulation feel. I know these days thats alot to ask for..but like that guy said...there should be salary's...I don't want to have to face Lebron and KD literally on the same lineup every game..its just stupid....it should be like 2 superstars role players etc..like real life...or at least implement a mode where its Sim. Let the PG Lebron user/cheesers play in their own little mode.with their baseline dunk cheese..spamming 3s...etc..and give us Sim Ballers something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens123
I don't know about you guys..but I play sports games for the Simulation feel. I know these days thats alot to ask for..but like that guy said...there should be salary's...I don't want to have to face Lebron and KD literally on the same lineup every game..its just stupid....it should be like 2 superstars role players etc..like real life...or at least implement a mode where its Sim. Let the PG Lebron user/cheesers play in their own little mode.with their baseline dunk cheese..spamming 3s...etc..and give us Sim Ballers something!
I agree but at the same time some of these guys are just too ridiculous saying that everyone is overpowered...like Gerald Green wont dunk on somebody in a min. I think 2k does decent with the regular cards. Its the Ruby's and Onyx cards that get out of hand.

Anyway....there shouldve been salary cap implemented this year. I really dont enjoy playing with stacked teams....so I dont play RTTP anyway. I am a lil older so I enjoy playing with the historic guys that I grew up watching play or can at least remember seeing them play. Like Silk Wilkes, Dantley, English, etc. I also like playing with older guys like Lanier, Unseld, Bobby Jones. I wouldnt stand a chance playing with some of my lineups against these superteams.

I remember last year I played a guy that had Shaq and David Robinson coming off the bench. I was playing with mostly a bronze lineup with Steph being my best player. Dude sucked though. Yeah, he beat me by about 7 points after I made some mistakes at the end, but I scored like 28 on him with Schroeder. He cheesed me so I cheesed his *** right back.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens123
Well technically myteam isn't supposed to be sim. That is what there is franchise and online for. That's what 2k will say
Old 01-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I have an honest question for you...

What is your reason behind not liking RTTP? Is it the cheesy players you have to play against...or the super-teams...or maybe something else?

I'm honestly just curious...

And I'm interested to know if 2K could get you back into RTTP if it made changes to the structure of it and fewer super teams...or added a head-to-head version of RTTP that was more like the Challenges.
My problem is the lag. It also bothers me if people abuse a certain aspect of the game all game, like the charge cheese last year, but that doesn't normally happen to me so pretty much just the lag. If that were completely gone, I'd be all for the challenge of getting through RTTP.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Improvement #1

Eliminate the input lag in RTTP. NBA 2K sells close to as many copies each year as Madden and FIFA, yet those two games play flawlessly online, while NBA 2K continues to be a lag-fest online.

Improvement #2

Create an alternate RTTP ladder with the following lineup restrictions:

A) 2 gold players OR 1 sapphire/diamond/ruby/emerald player
B) 3 silver players
C) 7 bronze players OR 8 bronze players if you picked a sapphire/etc.

In addition to that, you would have a team salary that's based on all your cards' combined overall ratings. This would prevent everyone from picking LeBron/Durant/Jordan as their two golds. People could only afford to pay one of those "GOAT tier" players, and would have to settle for a lesser #2 gold guy instead like Wade/Westbrook/Pippen.

Basically, they just need to make RTTP like All-Pro Football 2K8, which to this day, is still one of the most balanced multiplayer sports games ever made.

The mode would also be way better if you had access to every player in the game from the very beginning, like in APF 2K8, and didn't have to go through all of this card collecting nonsense.
Sorry for the long quote but these are my feelings on rttp also. I enjoy my team mainly for using my favorite guys and seeing how players differ. 2k does a great job on making players play similar to their real life counterparts.

I enjoy teams built around a theme such as guys from the same era or rivals on the same team. You can't compete with many of these teams because of the stacked super teams. It's annoying to get beat by terrible players just because of unrestricted teams. This mode has so much potential if there was a way to separate the sim guys from the cheesers.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:05 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

This....

The way they did that was how it is supposed to be done. Wayyyyyy better than Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »