Home

In Defense of RTTP: It's become my favorite game mode and here's why

This is a discussion on In Defense of RTTP: It's become my favorite game mode and here's why within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
In Defense of RTTP: It's become my favorite game mode and here's why

1. The servers are more stable now. (Yes, there's still lag.) Maybe it's just me, but in the last 10-15 games I've played, I've only been disconnected once and it was very early into the game, so it didn't matter. Now about the lag, for those of you who say it's a big issue, I challenge you to play 3 games of RTTP and then tell me what you think. The lag is something you get used to, and once you do, it's not that big of a deal. Yeah, it will still occasionally screw you over. But it only happens maybe 2 times a game if you play right. For me, this is acceptable. Others may disagree.

2. I don't know if 2K has changed some settings or not, but I have noticed over the last few weeks that if you play the right way and are good at 2K, you will almost always win. yes. That's right. I've been using the playbook and playing good, solid basketball. And I am blowing people out. This game mode gets REALLY fun when you get to the 6th seed with no restrictions. Even when your opponent has a stacked team, you can still win.

3. The dunk cheese doesn't really happen anymore, especially if you have a decent Center. I myself have stopped using Ruby Kobe because he doesn't seem to work as well now.

4. My last 3 games have been against Take Charge and steal button spammers who all rage quit the game by halftime because I was destroying them with fundamental basketball and correct usage of the playbook. And it's hilarious. There's honestly nothing more satisfying in this game than wrecking a guy who's trying to use cheap exploits and a stacked lineup.

5. You don't have to spend money to win. With players like Ruby Payton, Durant, and Tim Duncan being somewhat affordable, you can easily win with a lineup of these guys + some well chosen silvers. I DOMINATED a guy who was using Magic era Shaq with Tyson Chandler and Deandre Jordan as my big men.

Are there still problems? Sure. The 3 point shooting is really unpredictable, although I must admit I think it's gotten better.

My single biggest issue I still have is not being able to run a play before my opponent runs up and spams steal with 20 seconds on the shot clock. Usually when this happens, I just call a screen and try to blow past him for the easy layup.

I've heard a lot of guys complaining about people who auto double team you every play. Personally I love this. Just make sure the guy they are double teaming is a good passer, and find the open man. You will make them cry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: In Defense of RTTP: It's become my favorite game mode and here's why

The root of all the problems with RTTP is difficulty settings. All them 3s, contested shots, contact layups, all that BS goes down because of the low difficulty settings. As you move up in seeds the difficulty level rise but it doesn't hit a decent setting instill the 1st seed. Most of your RTTP games are played on all star and pro. The 1st seed is on SS.

When played on the right settings 2k15 is by far the most balanced 2k thus far. To bad for the most part you'll be playing on low difficulty settings in RTTP. They want to make this a noob friendly game mode. Dom is on pro most of the challenges are too.

When I play head to head vs friends or Team up we play on HOF and it feels like two different games.

They want to appeal to the masses with this for obvious reasons, I get it.
Even Play with friends is on pro.
MyTeam is just a noob friendly mode, but RTTP is okay once you make it to the higher seeds.

XB1
Old 02-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

The dunk cheese is as real as ever. Just wait till the occasional scrub goes baseline with lebron 24.7
Old 02-07-2015, 02:24 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandy10
1. The servers are more stable now. (Yes, there's still lag.) Maybe it's just me, but in the last 10-15 games I've played, I've only been disconnected once and it was very early into the game, so it didn't matter. Now about the lag, for those of you who say it's a big issue, I challenge you to play 3 games of RTTP and then tell me what you think. The lag is something you get used to, and once you do, it's not that big of a deal. Yeah, it will still occasionally screw you over. But it only happens maybe 2 times a game if you play right. For me, this is acceptable. Others may disagree.

2. I don't know if 2K has changed some settings or not, but I have noticed over the last few weeks that if you play the right way and are good at 2K, you will almost always win. yes. That's right. I've been using the playbook and playing good, solid basketball. And I am blowing people out. This game mode gets REALLY fun when you get to the 6th seed with no restrictions. Even when your opponent has a stacked team, you can still win.

3. The dunk cheese doesn't really happen anymore, especially if you have a decent Center. I myself have stopped using Ruby Kobe because he doesn't seem to work as well now.

4. My last 3 games have been against Take Charge and steal button spammers who all rage quit the game by halftime because I was destroying them with fundamental basketball and correct usage of the playbook. And it's hilarious. There's honestly nothing more satisfying in this game than wrecking a guy who's trying to use cheap exploits and a stacked lineup.

5. You don't have to spend money to win. With players like Ruby Payton, Durant, and Tim Duncan being somewhat affordable, you can easily win with a lineup of these guys + some well chosen silvers. I DOMINATED a guy who was using Magic era Shaq with Tyson Chandler and Deandre Jordan as my big men.

Are there still problems? Sure. The 3 point shooting is really unpredictable, although I must admit I think it's gotten better.

My single biggest issue I still have is not being able to run a play before my opponent runs up and spams steal with 20 seconds on the shot clock. Usually when this happens, I just call a screen and try to blow past him for the easy layup.

I've heard a lot of guys complaining about people who auto double team you every play. Personally I love this. Just make sure the guy they are double teaming is a good passer, and find the open man. You will make them cry.
I agree with almost everything here, especially points 2, 3, and 5. All I do is run plays or if the play takes too long just call for a pick or post up Aldridge. Went undefeated in the 2nd seed and sitting at 3-0 in the first seed so far. I wouldn't consider my team a "superstar" team. Starters are Lillard, Wade, LeBron, Aldridge, Mutumbo with a bench of Curry, Korver, George, Griffin, Cousins and Ellis and Richardson off the bench. Ellis & Richardson are my only Onyx cards because I love Ellis in real life and Richardson when I want to try and get fun highlight plays. Korver is perfect considering if people double LBJ they leave him open. Then Curry & George are sapphires from winning seeds.

Point 3 seems right for me so far, haven't played anyone who has gotten a stupid poster dunk, might help I have Mutumbo but I have J-Rich and he hasn't gotten a stupid dunk either which I love plus if people are scared and don't want him to dunk, he has the 3. Point 5 is also correct I havent spent any money, just saved from domination or with VC from Association mode and opened packs. But I am looking to save for Ruby LA, Onyx/Ruby Wade, Ruby Butler and Ruby Cousins. Only thing is it is hard to get MT sometimes considering I have to spend my winnings on contracts lol.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:54 AM   #5
Pro

I don't mind the games themselves. It's just that now that I have Sapphire Westbrook, there's no incentive to play.

Again. For the third year in a row. You'd think they'd learn and add extra rewards. . .
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »