Home

Soooooo sick of this!!!!

This is a discussion on Soooooo sick of this!!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Soooooo sick of this!!!!

You can't stop evey alley oop but I would say about half of them are automatically stopped when my CPU controlled players jump/block the alley oop. I don't even need to do anything.

If you try to do an alley oop with LeBron/Durant/MJ in the vicinity, they usually end up getting blocked.

I see the same thing when I'm going up for alley oops. A lot of them are blocked by the athletic players unless they're wide open. I don't really see the same problem as you're seeing.

2K15 isn't even as bad as it as last year. It was an oop fest in 2k14 and you couldn't stop it.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

Last edited by vc15; 02-12-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Once you get to the higher seeds it wont be a problem. Its an all out cheese fest till you get there tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got the big fella down there inside, and if you slow the game down a lot he'll get into position. You know he gone bang you all night.-Ben Wallace on Shaquille O'Neal at halftime, game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals. Hope nobody takes this out of context...
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBeans
Once you get to the higher seeds it wont be a problem. Its an all out cheese fest till you get there tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm about to move on to the first seed and it's still a cheesefest. The 3 balls aren't as effective anymore but people still try to fast break/alley oop or call for pick/baseline dunk all the time.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

you have to box out the guy that would jump for the oop. just put a body on him. you cant do it on fast breaks as easy. but if your close enough just foul him. grab him.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #13
p0w
Rookie

p0w's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
Exactly, a lot of people crash the offensive glass and/or play fullcourt press after a make. Of course i'm going to try to run right past them and throw up an oop when possible. Then they start complaining... well, when they stop trying to steal my inbound pass and set up their half court defense i won't run the break. Simple as that.

Not saying you won't get any alley oops made against you this way but it will limit it a ton. I do agree with op that there's a problem though, i've seen some bs oops in the halfcourt myself, teleporting and everything.
exactly, i love when people set crash offensive glas. Thats an easy layup/dunk everytime i get the rebound.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #14
Banned

Yeah...something else is going on here, because alley oops aren't that overpowered this year.

Are you trying to STEAL every inbound pass?

This can put you in a bind and put your defense in a position where they have to leave their man to step up and help....

Get back to the paint in transition...hit the Jump button....anticipate the alley pop pass before it happens.

Most players throw so many alley oop passes that they force it way too often...and this means you can force some turnovers if you anticipate it.

Bumping the player the oop is thrown to can work...so can using the jump button.

The fast break alley oops are still slightly overpowered...and there will be some that happen that make you shake your head. But they are far from unstoppable.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #15
Rookie

Things like that just happen sometimes. You have to make adjustments on the fly. If your threes and midrange jumpers aren't falling, drive. If your opponent is running a zone, spread the floor and shoot.

You guys may not believe me on this one but there are some games, in my opinion, where the game's algorithms give your opponent a distinct edge. I notice it when I'm winning a lot and making everything and I DEFINITELY notice it when my opponent has the edge.

Another tip I have is to sub out players who are sucking and put in others in their place. I had to do that with Durant a lot and now I'm considering permanently removing him from both my starting lineup and my bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic21
Things like that just happen sometimes. You have to make adjustments on the fly. If your threes and midrange jumpers aren't falling, drive. If your opponent is running a zone, spread the floor and shoot.

You guys may not believe me on this one but there are some games, in my opinion, where the game's algorithms give your opponent a distinct edge. I notice it when I'm winning a lot and making everything and I DEFINITELY notice it when my opponent has the edge.

Another tip I have is to sub out players who are sucking and put in others in their place. I had to do that with Durant a lot and now I'm considering permanently removing him from both my starting lineup and my bench.
I agree.

Momentum can play a big role in this game...especially in MyTeam. And then there are just games....maybe better to split it up and say halves....there are halves where it definitely feels like one team has an "edge" and some stuff is almost pre-determined.

This is why I laugh when guys QUIT really fast...

Recently had a guy rage quit on me down 18-11 early in the 2nd quarter....LOL!

That's stupid...

I've had games where I started off terribly, like started the game down 10 or 12 to zip....only to come back and win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »