Home

Blown Layups on Offensive Rebounds

This is a discussion on Blown Layups on Offensive Rebounds within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

OVR: 0
Blown Layups on Offensive Rebounds

I don't know if this has been talked about before but the amount of blown layups after grabbing an offensive rebound is ridiculous. That's without mentioning how useless it is to use the post game unless you are hitting fadeaways. I basically have to kick out every offensive rebound I grab because if i shoot it it's a miss and if i try to dribble out it's a loose ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Blown Layups on Offensive Rebounds

I don't see the problem in resetting the offense, and about the post play... check your players' fadeaway rating. I score fadeaways above 50% of the time with my dirk who has a 90 something post fade, not to mention it gives you 11 MT for an assisted post score.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpTheDerp
I don't see the problem in resetting the offense, and about the post play... check your players' fadeaway rating. I score fadeaways above 50% of the time with my dirk who has a 90 something post fade, not to mention it gives you 11 MT for an assisted post score.
While I usually kick it back out and reset as you say....that's not realistic ball at all. ANY center or PF that gets the board right under the rim will put it back up unless they can make a quick interior pass or they are trying to burn clock.

In reality its more difficult to kick out than to go back up...something inside players are taught at an early age.

Its also not realistic that NBA big men cant hit contested putbacks underneath the goal....much less All Star caliber players. This is one of the problems with the game. Adapting to this type of unrealistic gameplay is necessary to win but then it cheapens the game and takes away from the sim aspect.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR
I don't know if this has been talked about before but the amount of blown layups after grabbing an offensive rebound is ridiculous. That's without mentioning how useless it is to use the post game unless you are hitting fadeaways. I basically have to kick out every offensive rebound I grab because if i shoot it it's a miss and if i try to dribble out it's a loose ball.
This is one of the most frustrating things in the game. 99% of the time shaq or wilt got an offensive rebound they dunked it. Its makes me want to punch a baby when they continually miss these layups. Obviously i would never punch a baby but you get the point

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 02-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #5
Rookie

I agree that this is a huge problem. Seems like it only started after their huge patch that was meant to cut down the amount of posterizing in the game. I have Pink Diamond Shaq and he misses 90% of putbacks. So damn annoying. Worst thing about it is that he doesn't even try to dunk it most of the time; does some stupid layup attempt for no reason...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

It is beyond frustrating. It's one thing to be doubled and needing to kick it out but to have elite players like Davis, Howard,Shaq etc not even attempting a dunk it's ridiculous. Don't get me started on the lame contact layups missed! I know it's really easy to get MT points using the fadeaway, I can't miss those with Dirk but to be honest what is the point on having Shaq or Wilt on your team if you can't give him the ball down low and punish the off ball cheesers. Mistakes like this on 2k condone cheesing.

Last edited by H3LLGWAR; 02-13-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Yep having the same problem. Even Hakeem makes less than 30% of his layups right after an offensive rebound. Very frustrating. I'm really having a hard time using my bigs on offense in RTTP.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

From the 03-04 season but still relevant on offensive rebounds.
http://www.82games.com/comm13.htm

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »