Home

Emerald Anthony Davis: is he worth it?

This is a discussion on Emerald Anthony Davis: is he worth it? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Emerald Anthony Davis: is he worth it?

Hi all, my front line is
PF Duncan/Gold Davis
C Ruby Cousins/Diamond DeAndre

I have just enough coins to get Emerald AD. But is he worth it? I mean it will be an upgrade but will he be a game changer? I do not score much in the post, usually I use these guys for screening/rebounding, so I am very sceptical to spend sucha an amount
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Emerald Anthony Davis: is he worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Hi all, my front line is
PF Duncan/Gold Davis
C Ruby Cousins/Diamond DeAndre

I have just enough coins to get Emerald AD. But is he worth it? I mean it will be an upgrade but will he be a game changer? I do not score much in the post, usually I use these guys for screening/rebounding, so I am very sceptical to spend sucha an amount
No, he wont be. He might be the best rim defender in the game, but offensively he's hard to use. Sapphire DeAndre (there is no diamond) is better imo because he's rebounding and blocking the hell out of my opponents AND finishes dunks while AD blows too many dunks or layups.

Bottom line, Hakeem and Sapph Deandre are the best centers imo.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

My friend averages 50 PPG (5 min qtrs) cheesing w/ Brow, his mid-range jumper is money even when defended at 90+ and he mastered his 80% FT release which makes him much more valuable than a guy like DeAndre who is a disaster at the line. He is basically Hakeem at PF. You could also sell your Gold and never look back.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
My friend averages 50 PPG (5 min qtrs) cheesing w/ Brow, his mid-range jumper is money even when defended at 90+ and he mastered his 80% FT release which makes him much more valuable than a guy like DeAndre who is a disaster at the line. He is basically Hakeem at PF. You could also sell your Gold and never look back.
You can also average 50ppg with Curry, Lebron, Durant or anyone else by cheesing but it should be more stating how much he scores without passing him the ball on every posession because that's not what most people do, they use him as a rebounder and second chance points force. And this is where he fails in my opinion.

He never does standing dunks although he has a 99 rating and blows a lot of standing and/or contested layups.

I guess it might depend, where you play him. At center, there are better options (like deandre whoe FT isn't that hard), at PF he might be worth a shot.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #5
MVP

I am not looking for a Center, but for a PF. Sapphire (you are right Iker) Jordan and Ruby Cousins are great at Center,but when I tried them as combo with Jordan at PF, they didn't seem to fucntion well, so I returned to using Duncan at PF. Bottom line is that I can understand spending 50-60K on players like lebron James or Ruby Kobe as they are game changers, but I do not want to spend on someone who will be marginally better than Duncan ( who I bought 6K yesterday with gold tenacious rebounder, gold eraser,gold post down defender)

Any other proposal for PF? For example ruby Gasol?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
Bottom line, Hakeem and Sapph Deandre are the best centers imo.
What makes DeAndre so good at C? He's on the smaller side and his stats look awful.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #7
MVP

Sapphire Jordan is great IF you do not use him in offence.
He has great rebounding,boxout,shot contest and blocking stats, he is very strong and fast for his height, and has 95 in driving dunk too. He can not be trusted to play offense but he is really cheap best on the defense side. He is also quite cheap cause you get him if you get all clippers team and then sell it back.
He is basically a cheap and shorter Wilt

Last edited by kabamaru; 02-17-2015 at 07:53 AM. Reason: adding
Old 02-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNettles
What makes DeAndre so good at C? He's on the smaller side and his stats look awful.
He is a defensive machine, he gets more rebounds then Wilt, Russell or Hakeem on center for me, and he's one of the rarer players that finish a dunk after the offensive board. Russell, Wilt or AD are always attempting standing layups which is so much harder, they get bumped and blow it. Jordan goes up for the dunk and finishes it. He also seems stronger, on contested layups he gets a lot of and1's. His FT animation is ok and he hits more then Wilt or Russell.

You have to find out what's best for your game, personally I prefer a rebounder with a nice jumpshot and fadeaway as PF and a good rim defender who can finish under the rim as center.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »