Home

Collection or Challenge Advice

This is a discussion on Collection or Challenge Advice within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Collection or Challenge Advice

Are the following collections or challenges worth doing? Only have 80K and that's with buying & selling collections. Should I complete collections or just buy Ruby Kobe with 75K?

Sapphire Maravich?

Diamond Durant?

Sapphire Bob Petitt?

Sapphire George Mikan?

Sapphire Mullen?

Lineup:

PG Ruby Magic, Sapphire Clyde/ Emerald Curry

SG Ruby Thompson, Sapphire Dumars

SF Gold Lebron, Gold Durant

PF Emerald Davis, Ruby Garnett

C Sapphire Jordan, Ruby Gasol

Thanks in Advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Collection or Challenge Advice

Diamond Durant is good but inconsistent.

Ruby Frobe is a beast.

I wouldn't waste your time on Mikan or Petitt.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

Sapphire Mikan is pretty good and its an easy challenge which would give you some more size. Diamond durant is unreal. i was going to go for sapphire maravich and i bought everyone but bill brydges is going for over 23k on xbone so i may not get him

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 02-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Is Diamond Durant enough of an upgrade over Gold Durant to justify doing the collection. I need about 20 cards. Might need to sell off a few roster players to make it happen then buy them back.

The only problem with buying a collection with all your MT is you sometime lose some MT so you can sell those players back right away. Lost a bunch with Deandre Jordan just because I lost patience. Hope that doesn't happen with the Historic Knicks collection I just completed.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
QNo
MVP

Diamond Durant is worth it, he's better and essentially a free upgrade. Mullin is an absolute beast, he's great (I have him over Klay in my roster). Pistol Pete is fun to play with but I'm not sure how much he'd help your roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Diamond Durant is worth it, he's better and essentially a free upgrade. Mullin is an absolute beast, he's great (I have him over Klay in my roster). Pistol Pete is fun to play with but I'm not sure how much he'd help your roster.
Want Mullen! That 30k Lister is killing me. I know I 'll have to sell him back for cheaper. I'm not looking to make money but don't want to lose either. Guess it's worth the loss but it's eating into my Ruby Kobe fund.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
MVP

we get too caught up in having EVERY card when likely there is no one who will ever use them ALL. that being said, I try and collect as many easy cards as I can and the main goal is to finish every collection. especially now that we know how to get Diamond Shaq.

what I have been doing this week is going back and getting all the sapphires that I didnt pick up previously.

I got Pettit (91 ovr) and he is pretty good. the challenge isnt the easiest but its worth it because its 3 regular length games.

I got Jalen Rose yesterday....easy challenge for a free player who is good. People complained about his shot release but he did well for me in his first game. I only took 1 3pt shot and I got a perfect release on it and scored.

Today I am gonna finish the Lenny Wilkens challenge....then its on to Mikan.

Pistol Pete is very good and well worth it because it doesnt cost much to complete the collection. the only expensive card iirc is Bill Bridges and you can immediately sell him back.

I used Diamond Durant and wasnt impressed but as QNo says, its a free upgrade and better than Gold.

Now I am just in it for collection's sake. I had Ruby Frobe but sold him. I will buy him back eventually but I have so many other great offensive players....like Em Steph, Ruby Klay, Diamond Durant, Sapp MJ, Sapp Drex.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
Pro

I have all of the players except Pettit. I don't like KD and Mikan because I can't get them to play well, Mikan also has the issue that he only has bronze badges!

Pistol Pete is great but I have a lot of better guards, so I barely use him. Mullin is awesome and part of my team. I would definitely go for Mullin before buying Frobe.

Frobe is the man, imo he is better than any Sapphire guard or SF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »