Home

Top 5 Most expensive cards

This is a discussion on Top 5 Most expensive cards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Top 5 Most expensive cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
onyx vince 250k

He's been pretty disappointing. He does a lot of weak layup animations with no elevation which is something i rarely see from my opponent's jordan or lebron for example. I don't know, maybe i'm just imagining things. Don't get me wrong, he's great but all things considered i had pretty similar production from silver vince so i might just sell the onyx and spend the mt elsewhere.
I think that all of these cards are overpriced.
When LBJ who is rated 98 costs 50k fully badged, and Durant who is rated 95 costs 35K,while Sapph Dominique is almost free, these cards are severely overpriced. You won't notice a big difference in game, surely not enough to justify spending tons of MT (gameplay-wise). In my oppinion a good player with a team that costs 150K can beat any of these teams costing 2-3 MM. Of course many of those players are overpriced due to rarity and collectors preference.

However aside of the fan/fun factor, gameplay wise why would anyione spent 500K MT for each one Onyx Vince/T-Mac, when he can get ruby Kobe/Lebron together for 100K?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I think that all of these cards are overpriced.
When LBJ who is rated 98 costs 50k fully badged, and Durant who is rated 95 costs 35K,while Sapph Dominique is almost free, these cards are severely overpriced. You won't notice a big difference in game, surely not enough to justify spending tons of MT (gameplay-wise). In my oppinion a good player with a team that costs 150K can beat any of these teams costing 2-3 MM. Of course many of those players are overpriced due to rarity and collectors preference.

However aside of the fan/fun factor, gameplay wise why would anyione spent 500K MT for each one Onyx Vince/T-Mac, when he can get ruby Kobe/Lebron together for 100K?
I agree with your points with one exception. There is no one in this game that like MJ. He costs a ton but well worth it.

I am planning to sell him though and pick up TMac since I'm done with RTTP and there's nothing left to play for. Although the 3pt point cheese is really discouraging me from wanting to play this game in the current state.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 04-08-2015, 04:08 AM   #59
MVP

True
MJ especially the 95-96 let alone the ruby version is the best card in the game, and thus this is the only card that justifies the price.

Having said that again I think a better player using Ruby Kobe, can matchup up quite ok against an average player using Ruby MJ.

Regarding 3 pt cheese last night I lost by a guy who shot 73 shots in the game, 53 of these were 3 pointers. It is silly for someone to believe that you can stop this. It is impossible to guard agains offenses of 4-5 seconds shooting a 3. He had 35% in 3 pt but still this is 56 points only from 3. Combined with some steals from his zone and auto double team, he won the game by 7. 2k should definitely patch it

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-08-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
True
MJ especially the 95-96 let alone the ruby version is the best card in the game, and thus this is the only card that justifies the price.

Having said that again I think a better player using Ruby Kobe, can matchup up quite ok against an average player using Ruby MJ.

Regarding 3 pt cheese last night I lost by a guy who shot 73 shots in the game, 53 of these were 3 pointers. It is silly for someone to believe that you can stop this. It is impossible to guard agains offenses of 4-5 seconds shooting a 3. He had 35% in 3 pt but still this is 56 points only from 3. Combined with some steals from his zone and auto double team, he won the game by 7. 2k should definitely patch it
Patch what? Defense or offense?
Old 04-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #61
MVP

I haven't lost with ruby mj he's ridiculous. Never faced another ruby mj though. If he loses I'll have to sell him haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #62
Pro

I sold Yao for 350k and I bought Bird and Pippen to complete my 92 Dream Team.

My new Top 5

Bird 300k
Ruby Pippen 200k
Onyx Steve Nash 180k
Onyx Pistol Pete 135k
Ewing 115k
Old 04-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I haven't lost with ruby mj he's ridiculous. Never faced another ruby mj though. If he loses I'll have to sell him haha
I didn't lose for 35+ games straight in RTTP. I didn't lose for the entire 1/2/3 seeds with MJ.

Although this was before the patch.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstruso
I sold Yao for 350k and I bought Bird and Pippen to complete my 92 Dream Team.

My new Top 5

Bird 300k
Ruby Pippen 200k
Onyx Steve Nash 180k
Onyx Pistol Pete 135k
Ewing 115k
No 92 Dream Team team is complete without MJ!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »