Home

Any tips for a new guy?

This is a discussion on Any tips for a new guy? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any tips for a new guy?

I started playing nba 2k myteam when everyone else did in October and finished domination and ended up with decent players. my lineup is

westbrook wall curry
harden derozan
melo paul george
Durant farried
kevin McHale and all Jefferson

any tips to earn mt ? also some questions are, should I just spend 20$ on packs to catch up? and also please answer this can I only get throw back players in packs only on Thursdays or is there a pack I can get a throw back on the other days of the week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Any tips for a new guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1995torres
I started playing nba 2k myteam when everyone else did in October and finished domination and ended up with decent players. my lineup is

westbrook wall curry
harden derozan
melo paul george
Durant farried
kevin McHale and all Jefferson

any tips to earn mt ? also some questions are, should I just spend 20$ on packs to catch up? and also please answer this can I only get throw back players in packs only on Thursdays or is there a pack I can get a throw back on the other days of the week?
Answering your questions lightning round style:

Earning MT will be much harder now that they've taken away the 25k collection rewards.

$20 will not get you caught up. It might help some, but big picture wise it's not a quick fix.

Onyx players can only be pulled from TBT packs only on Thursday (and the little bit of Friday that they're still available). Best bet on Onyx players is to buy them from the Auction House a few weeks after their release as their price will continue to drop.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Dont buy packs waste of money packs are garb
Old 02-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Try to avoid buying packs. Most likely u will end up wasting money. Identify sapphire players you want and finish those collections. Those end up being free players and will keep you competitive. Sell everything you don't need. A lot of good Ruby players you can get. You can also flip those for decent earnings.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:27 AM   #5
Just started!

Thx for making this thread. Just started my myteam soo I need these tips lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 01:34 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1995torres
Sadly, it's impossible for new players to catch up to the veterans at this point. New players missed out on three separate MT exploits that Visual Concepts has long-since shut down. That is how most players made their bank, and acquired the insane lineups that you see online.

All you can do now to make MT is complete Domination and the handful of challenges that actually have good rewards, which is maybe 4 or 5 of the 35+ that have been available.

Whatever you do, don't buy packs with MT or real money, because packs are a total ripoff and a huge waste of any funding type that you put into them.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-28-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:02 AM   #7
Rookie

If u do decide to do packs, learn self control! Lol easy to blow money on them. Wnt call packs a COMPLETE waste

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Someone did the math yesterday. If you did all the challenges it would take you around 24 hours and you'd only end up with 35k MT. Sad, isn't it? That's assuming you already have the necessary cards to complete them and don't have to spend MT making a line up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »