Home

Is it worth getting 750 cards and getting the 75K reward?

This is a discussion on Is it worth getting 750 cards and getting the 75K reward? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2015, 02:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I currently have 580 cards and around 150K MT. I was trying to get more jerseys and trying to get to 750 to get the extra 75K MT, and at that point I will start selling my cards. I figure I will end up with more MTs than I currently have. But then I suddenly realize that it's actually going to be super difficult to sell those cheap 500MT jerseys and similar cards because no one really is getting those actively ....

What do you guys think I should do? Should I just start selling my cards now and not going for the extra 75K MT?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Is it worth getting 750 cards and getting the 75K reward?

You need 170 cards for 85k. 15% of 85k equals 12.75k. You will get 75k, so yes you should go for at least 750 cards. You can sell everything back, that just takes some time. Try to get cheap silver players that you can sell without the AH for 700 or 800 MT. If you are a fan of Lillard or Harden go for 900 or 1000 cards, they are both great and you can reach them both without buying cards for more than 1k!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:52 AM   #3
QNo
MVP

Try to go for 900, Lillard is one of the best PGs in the game, plays much better than his rating. If you're patient and you snipe cheap players and jerseys, you'll be able to sell some back for profit. And don't forget the MT you get for completing collections.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Rookie

What is your overall strategy? What are you trying to accomplish?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Go for Diamond Lillard. He has started for my team beating the 1st seed. I have Ruby Payton, Sapphire Curry, Sapphire Wall, Sapphire Westbrook and CP3 and even tried Onyx Robertson and Lillard outplays them all. He's very fun to play with.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Go for Diamond Lillard. He has started for my team beating the 1st seed. I have Ruby Payton, Sapphire Curry, Sapphire Wall, Sapphire Westbrook and CP3 and even tried Onyx Robertson and Lillard outplays them all. He's very fun to play with.
Agree, Lillard's amazing. I also use Ruby Payton as my backup, do you think Sapph. Robertson is better? Or have you only used the Onyx?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Agree, Lillard's amazing. I also use Ruby Payton as my backup, do you think Sapph. Robertson is better? Or have you only used the Onyx?
I only used Onyx. Robertson is good but I prefer, quick and fast players as my pg. I found Oscar's release to be a bit slow as well.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 03-06-2015, 11:25 PM   #8
Rookie

My point is that I don't have much MT to get to 900 ... I'm pretty sure by the time i get to 750, I'm probably broke .. Getting to 900 from my current 580 is pretty far fetch right? Plus the fact that most of the cheap cards I get now, like jersey or cheap players won't sell even at 500 ... So when should be the time I should stop and start selling and get more expensive players instead of chasing these 750 and 900 goals ...

And I don't play RTTP because I can't stand the latency issue ... all of my release and movement are not instantaneous no matter what i do ....

Last edited by ad2001; 03-07-2015 at 12:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »