Home

Best Shooter PG

This is a discussion on Best Shooter PG within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Best Shooter PG

Hi all
I want a 3- point shooting PG to add to my team.
I am already benching a fully badged Gold lillard who did a pretty decent job
Oscar Robertson is good, but to be honest he plays very simillary to LBJ.
I am looking for a combo guard that can play PG/SG as well, in order to sell Klay at split his minutes between the new PG and Dominique. Klay shooting is immense and I am looking for something similar, problem is that with the current line up I am limiting Klay and Dominique at 6 mins per game, and Klay could be sold for 40K.
If I had a PG/SG and Dominique only coming from the bench gor the 3 positions (PG/SG/SF) and play 9 minutes each meaning I could get more from them.
Curry would be the obvious answer, but I can not seem to be able to shoot with him. I can shoot with everyone, LBJ/Kobe/Durant/Klay/Lillard. I take only free shoots and the almost never miss when wide open. With Curry i just can not find his release. So any proposal? Ruby Irving for example?
Important question...anyone knows if Steph Curry's emerald card has same release with his Gold one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best Shooter PG

Curry has low defensive stats though. Chris paul is good but 6 foot for sg probably wont work. Ruby lowry but again 6 foot. If you dont care about defense you could try mo williams onyx. I havent tried him just going by his stats.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
Curry has low defensive stats though. Chris paul is good but 6 foot for sg probably wont work. Ruby lowry but again 6 foot. If you dont care about defense you could try mo williams onyx. I havent tried him just going by his stats.
Have you tried Ruby Kyrie mate? He looks immense, he is just listed only as a PG. Would that be an issue in the auto subs?
Old 03-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
Rookie

I liked the regular one but the ruby defense puts me off. Thats why at a glance mos stats look better than ruby irving but I only glaced at them. How do you have your subs setup like just auto rotation?
Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 AM   #5
MVP

yes, auto-sub. and I manually interfere if someone plays well/poor. ut most of the times i did'nt want to play with 10players. I prefer to play with fewer players. Before I got Sapphire wilkins, I used ruby Klay to sub both Kobe and Durant. I prefer that so I can use also the sub a lot and get the best out of him. Having someone playing only for 5-6 minutes per game I think I do not get the most out of. Now that I got Wilkins (who can also play the SG) I am thinking to find a combo Guard to share the bench with Dominique. Tracy would be so good!!!! . I am just worried about Mo because he looks short too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
Rookie

I dunno how that would work on auto. If you dont have klay and oscar goes in at point it should pick ruby irving right? Wilkins being bigger would sub in at sf I would think. This is if you run 3 bronze that wouldnt get subbed over them. Maybe try it will gold irving if he is cheap or you already have him?

Thinking about it. It probably depends where the cpu wants to sub oscar cause he could go in at sg.

If you try it post how it ends up curious to see.

Last edited by Midnitewaters; 03-16-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
I dunno how that would work on auto. If you dont have klay and oscar goes in at point it should pick ruby irving right? Wilkins being bigger would sub in at sf I would think. This is if you run 3 bronze that wouldnt get subbed over them. Maybe try it will gold irving if he is cheap or you already have him?
Good idea
I can try it in a domination game with Gold Irving and if it works ok I can buy the ruby version and avoid losing MT
Old 03-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #8
QNo
MVP

Ruby Irving has a really nice release. I ended up selling him because I still think Diamond Lillard is better, but Ruby Kyrie is an offensive beast. I think the ultimate choice for you would be Onyx Pistol Pete or Onyx Big O, both are 6'5" with good 3 point shooting. You could try the Sapphire Pete as a Budget choice, the collection is not very expensive. His release is very good, he doesn't have a signature size-up move though. Dunno if you've done all the MT bonuses already and how many cards you've collected, but Diamond Lillard could be an option, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »