Home

42 3-point attempts in a game

This is a discussion on 42 3-point attempts in a game within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
42 3-point attempts in a game

I played the most annoying game in the road to playoffs. Guy literally shot only 3 point shoots. He had a team with onyx Nash, onyx Maravich, ruby Lebron, ruby Rusell, ruby Davis as starters. I mean what is the point of having such an expensive team if you only play with 3 points? Get Sapphire Beal and Silver Korver and Thompson for 1/100 of the price... You can imagine the rage when I was almost tied on halftime...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0022.jpg (237.8 KB, 94 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 42 3-point attempts in a game

That's the problem with rttp. 3point spammers are just as successful as people that run an offense and get good shots. Same for the baseline dunk guys.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
MVP

Thats what keeps me from playing rttp. And the lag

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 03-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Lol I had a nearly identical game a few days ago, I won by a bit more but all you have to do is user closeout and they wont shoot over 40%. They will hang with you for a while but they can't sustain their scoring throughout 4 quarters.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

This is one of the problems that I mentioned on a wishlist for 2k16 that needed to be fixed. Too many 3pt spammers that get away with chunking up 40 shots only for them to be in a close game with someone that runs an efficient offense. I also could easily contest these shots, but with the lag, you can forget about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
Banned

Its even worse after the patch, Ive ran into guys who just zig zag all game with Ruby Klay and its pretty hard to stop
Old 03-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #7
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksFan1989
Its even worse after the patch, Ive ran into guys who just zig zag all game with Ruby Klay and its pretty hard to stop
The patch made zig zagging easier. Some kid went 6-7 with gold kobe from 3 just by zig zagging perfect releases with hard closeouts by me. I still won but it was annoying asf.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I experienced a RTTP game just like this last night where the other guy hit 40% of 32 threes. The dude was just running back and forth behind the three point line with Ruby Kyrie Irving, and none of my defenders could keep up, not even Ruby Gary Payton.

I tried to guard Kyrie manually, but the input lag makes it impossible to stay in front when the ball handler can instantaneously change directions without any momentum penalties like the defender has to deal with.

So I eventually just had to bring over my power forward to double team Kyrie and force someone else to shoot the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »