Home

Imagine if 2K had a My Team Invitational....

This is a discussion on Imagine if 2K had a My Team Invitational.... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow Imagine if 2K had a My Team Invitational....

You guys can say what you want about EA, but i think what they are doing with MUT is pure genius. The MUT Invitational is a tournament on Madden Ultimate Team where qualifiers get to fly out to Orlando and play each other for prizes.

The genius part here is that to get "invited" to this tournament, you have to climb the leaderboards, which means PLAYING THE GAME ONLINE. Think about it. This encourages more people to open packs, spend time on the auction block buying better players, to play online and try to win.....all of this equals more return for EA.

NBA 2K My Team is soooooooooooooooooo dry. There is really no incentive to even play this mode online, let alone open packs and try to get players. 2K doesn't even have a leaderboard for My Team on next gen. I know some ppl play the mode strictly for fun....but there are alot of competitive people out there and 2K is failing to take advantage of the competitiveness of My Team.

The guys over at EA have it down. Why can't 2K get this right as well?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Imagine if 2K had a My Team Invitational....

There's so much 2k can do but they just don't have that vision. Last year they had a mlg tournament for the ps3. I don't see why they can't do more competitive tournaments. Why aren't they leaderboards, why aren't they in game tournaments...

2k just doesn't have the vision.

XB1
Old 03-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Clembo's Arena

OVR: 0

This is mainly because EA have pretty much perfected the Ultimate Team game mode, the first iteration of the game mode was made back in 2007 and they've worked on it every year since.

Whereas 2K have only had it in 3 games and tbh the first year you could hardly call it a MyTeam mode.

In my opinion 2K have been lucky that NBA live has been behind in terms of gameplay, once they catch up i'm more than sure that EA's track record with UT will make a huge amount of players move over.

PG - Penny/Curry
SG - Vince Carter/
Mullins
SF - Lebron /
Wilkins
PF- Griffin/Durant
C-
Yao/Jordan

Old 03-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Yea it's genius on EA's part for their own pockets, but the only people an "invitational" would benefit are the people that exploit every glitch in the game and the people that pour money into EA like it's their wife or something.

The casual gamer (like myself) absolutely despises this idea simply because such a small % of people actually get to participate in something like this.

And to those who say EA has "perfected" MUT, well if that's the case, then why does everyone I know say that MUT 12 was the last great MUT? The people that continue to buy packs with real life money are the ones that ruin the mode. If people wouldn't be so suckered into spending hundreds upon hundreds of real dollars, EA would be forced to cut back on coin prices or improve pack odds drastically.

That's just my 2 cents.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Yea it's genius on EA's part for their own pockets, but the only people an "invitational" would benefit are the people that exploit every glitch in the game and the people that pour money into EA like it's their wife or something.

The casual gamer (like myself) absolutely despises this idea simply because such a small % of people actually get to participate in something like this.

And to those who say EA has "perfected" MUT, well if that's the case, then why does everyone I know say that MUT 12 was the last great MUT? The people that continue to buy packs with real life money are the ones that ruin the mode. If people wouldn't be so suckered into spending hundreds upon hundreds of real dollars, EA would be forced to cut back on coin prices or improve pack odds drastically.

That's just my 2 cents.
Have never played MUT but the above applies 100% on FUT. Thing is that if there would be more people in nba2k, the same issues that are going in these types of games would be even bigger. Autobuyers, coin farming, glitching, are things that have ruined FUT. At lesast in FIFA you can play online ranked seasons with specific teams so you can Keep the RTTP ladder, but you choose one teamof your preferance (and you are matched up you a similar quality opponent)

All these are already in the game, it willbecome even worse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

It would be terrible. Just a cheese contest
Old 03-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #7
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

First they should iron out the left right cheese problem, and properly code the baseline drives. Then they should go full out on an event etc.

This mode has so much potential but they just seem to have some visionless people running things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »