Home

150k, and feel completely stuck - what to do?

This is a discussion on 150k, and feel completely stuck - what to do? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm currently sitting on 150k, and have a high quality lineup with Saphires like Jordan, Russell, Hakeem, Wilt, PG13, Admiral, etc.

I also have Young Magic, Lebron, and Ruby Frobe as "assets" I could sell for MT.

But, I really would like to try out a few players - Onyx Oscar, Bird, Onyx Carter, and others, but feel I don't have the MT or a way to get MT to make that possible.

I have about 560 cards, so I am nearly 200 cards away from the 75k bonus. The way I see it, 200 cards is going to cost around 125k, best case scenario. So I spend 125k to make 75k? No.

Challenges? Don't have the patience to try to piece together a team of silvers and bronzes that can pull out a victory over the best players in the game. Besides, most silvers/bronzes who can handle the top players cost upwards of 5k. I'm trying to make money, remember?

Auction house? Am I really expected to spend hours of my day studying market trends and then trying to find deals so I can make MT AFTER the 15% tax?

Anybody else have this frustration? I truly feel I am at a point in this game mode where I'm stuck. Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17

You should sell Magic, Kobe and get Diamond KD before you sell LeBron then get the 200 cards you need for the 75k. Sell everything back and that should leave you at around 400k-450k.

You can ether be satisfied with that and go shopping. Or you can put the effort in and flip that.

XB1

Last edited by Scramz718; 03-29-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

Re: 150k, and feel completely stuck - what to do?

Scramz gave you some good advice. I like the fact that you have to put in work to get the best cards. If you don't want to spend hours working the market you can always buy MT, which is still much more effective than buying VC.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
You should sell Magic, Kobe and get Diamond KD before you sell LeBron then get the 200 cards you need for the 75k. Sell everything back and that should leave you at around 400k-450k.

You can ether be satisfied with that and go shopping. Or you can put the effort in and flip that.

XB1
Forgot to mention I already have Diamond KD.

But you would still recommend selling Lebron, Magic, and Kobe and going for 750 cards?

I'd just be worried about not being able to sell back all the cards I picked up.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Pro

You don't need to worry, you can sell everything. It took me 4 days to sell all my unwanted 450 cards after I have reached 1000 cards. You just need cards for 500 MT each to collect 750 cards. So don't sell your good cards until you need the MT to buy something special or when you want to go for Lillard or Harden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Scramz gave you some good advice. I like the fact that you have to put in work to get the best cards. If you don't want to spend hours working the market you can always buy MT, which is still much more effective than buying VC.
Buy MT? I believe all players that have participated in buying/selling MT should at least have their accounts reset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »