Home

#LockerCodesMustGo

This is a discussion on #LockerCodesMustGo within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:54 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: #LockerCodesMustGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
We're all playing the same game. Sim guys play MyTeam. Its about approaching them the right way. "They" can go off on these tirades with little to no "ill will" felt towards them. Their "fans" will take that as they can "say whatever, however they want" to these people and it'll get fixed. Not how it works, something us "sim" guys have learned over the years.

If y'all want your mode fixed, y'all will have to drop the "revolution" mentality. The way social media posts are worded at the moment, I'm sure most isn't given a full glance.

They're a lot of ppl giving them quality feedback. The rude and immature ones shouldn't over shadow them. MyTeam is one of their priorities and it's crazy how fundamentally flawed it is. Someone with that much influence dropping 4 videos exposing the game mode flaws should lite a fire under their...

XB1
Old 04-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Keep PD's coming through Locker Codes, just don't allow PD owners to use them when playing another human....

Let's not forget that 2K can gift PD's to whomever it wants as well, so that makes the process even more tainted.

Ask CashNasty why did he get a PD Carmelo last night (3/31)....
Old 04-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
Keep PD's coming through Locker Codes, just don't allow PD owners to use them when playing another human....

Let's not forget that 2K can gift PD's to whomever it wants as well, so that makes the process even more tainted.

Ask CashNasty why did he get a PD Carmelo last night (3/31)....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37g1FanOjaA

Gave this scrub 3 pink diamonds just cause his GF asked for it SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall1013423
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37g1FanOjaA

Gave this scrub 3 pink diamonds just cause his GF asked for it SMH
That clip exemplifies how messed up and discretionary Pink Diamond rewards are....

Thanks 2K for making Pink Diamond lap dogs of your fans....
Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #37
MVP

I would have given her three too...
Old 04-03-2015, 02:27 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

I saw Smoove's new video and while I do agree that getting Pink Diamond players through Twitter isn't the best system; I don't believe that the Locker Code system should go entirely. We can still keep them but they can't be the sole way to get these players. I'm a firm believer that those who play the game consistently should be rewarded with the best players the game has to offer. Domination is a great example of how this mode can reward its players by simply playing the game. Domination Mode this year was simply just too short. They finally made the mode beatable this year which is great but once you got Nate Archibald, the mode was useless. For a player that good; it was also disappointing that we couldn't sell him. Similar to the Weekly Challenges; 2K could bolster up Domination Mode every week, adding different teams to play and offering packs that can improve your MyTeam after completing them. The Weekly Challenges are also great but a lot of the rewards you get for beating a few of them are embarrassingly cheap. 1500 MT coins for beating a 12 minute quarter game against some of the best players in the game? I could get 1500 worth of MT points in 2 pack openings. =[ The first couple of challenges too hardly seemed worth it, their payouts weren't even enough to cover one of the cheapest packs in the game. They need to improve the rewards in next year's game. It'd be amazing if next year, every Weekly Challenge meant getting a great player. The Sapphire Dominique Wilkins challenge is an example of a Weekly Challenge done right. Make the challenge worth beating by providing a great player in a pack for those who win or at the very least, a Bronze pack that gets you some contracts or other consumables that would be useful. Locker Codes could still exist in conjunction to Weekly Challenges in NBA 2K16 but they can't be the only way to land Pink Diamond players. There are people that literally live on Twitter SOLELY for the off chance that a Pink Diamond player code might be released on it. That's not the best way to get people to play the game, by putting eyes on another app instead of the game itself.

One thing that we should be able to do in next year's game is to sell any player that's available. Like if I grinded and worked to get Sapphire Nique or Sapphire anyone, I should be able to sell that player if others can't get it themselves. Something that's always been discussed since NBA 2K13 MyTeam but still hasn't come to fruition; we need a trading system in this mode. The Auction House is nice but horrifically inflated with numerous duplicate players. Even if you upgrade your player's badges to all Gold ones, it still gets lost in a sea of countless other players on the market. I think in addition to an Auction House, we should have a Trading Post in next year's game. People can build teams faster than purchasing players in the Auction House by trading with each other. I think that can really bolster MyTeam interest in next year's game.

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns

Last edited by arvislegend; 04-03-2015 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:12 AM   #39
Rookie

HellaKeller's Arena

Just ran into a pink diamond KD point guard

Loving these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvislegend
I saw Smoove's new video and while I do agree that getting Pink Diamond players through Twitter isn't the best system; I don't believe that the Locker Code system should go entirely. We can still keep them but they can't be the sole way to get these players. I'm a firm believer that those who play the game consistently should be rewarded with the best players the game has to offer. Domination is a great example of how this mode can reward its players by simply playing the game. Domination Mode this year was simply just too short. They finally made the mode beatable this year which is great but once you got Nate Archibald, the mode was useless. For a player that good; it was also disappointing that we couldn't sell him. Similar to the Weekly Challenges; 2K could bolster up Domination Mode every week, adding different teams to play and offering packs that can improve your MyTeam after completing them. The Weekly Challenges are also great but a lot of the rewards you get for beating a few of them are embarrassingly cheap. 1500 MT coins for beating a 12 minute quarter game against some of the best players in the game? I could get 1500 worth of MT points in 2 pack openings. =[ The first couple of challenges too hardly seemed worth it, their payouts weren't even enough to cover one of the cheapest packs in the game. They need to improve the rewards in next year's game. It'd be amazing if next year, every Weekly Challenge meant getting a great player. The Sapphire Dominique Wilkins challenge is an example of a Weekly Challenge done right. Make the challenge worth beating by providing a great player in a pack for those who win or at the very least, a Bronze pack that gets you some contracts or other consumables that would be useful. Locker Codes could still exist in conjunction to Weekly Challenges in NBA 2K16 but they can't be the only way to land Pink Diamond players. There are people that literally live on Twitter SOLELY for the off chance that a Pink Diamond player code might be released on it. That's not the best way to get people to play the game, by putting eyes on another app instead of the game itself.

One thing that we should be able to do in next year's game is to sell any player that's available. Like if I grinded and worked to get Sapphire Nique or Sapphire anyone, I should be able to sell that player if others can't get it themselves. Something that's always been discussed since NBA 2K13 MyTeam but still hasn't come to fruition; we need a trading system in this mode. The Auction House is nice but horrifically inflated with numerous duplicate players. Even if you upgrade your player's badges to all Gold ones, it still gets lost in a sea of countless other players on the market. I think in addition to an Auction House, we should have a Trading Post in next year's game. People can build teams faster than purchasing players in the Auction House by trading with each other. I think that can really bolster MyTeam interest in next year's game.
Appreciate those thoughts!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »