Home

Onyx Oscar vs. Young Magic (+other reviews/comparisons needed)

This is a discussion on Onyx Oscar vs. Young Magic (+other reviews/comparisons needed) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Onyx Oscar vs. Young Magic (+other reviews/comparisons needed)

So, I've been saving up and collecting cards for a while now and I'm about to have around 350k MT once all my items sell. I'm trying to decide who I want to pick up.

If anyone has used both Young Magic and Onyx Oscar, how would you compare them? I currently use Young Magic and am wondering if Oscar would be a worthwhile upgrade. Any other PG's not named TMac and Rose who might be better than magic?

Also - is Yao worth the coinage? I use Saph Wilt and Saph Hakeem at C and PF right now, but wonder how dominating Yao would be in the paint being a head taller than everyone else.

Lastly - Really tempted to buy Larry Bird and play him at the 4. Would he be a significant defensive/rebounding liability?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Onyx Oscar vs. Young Magic (+other reviews/comparisons needed)

I've had onyx Big O since the 3rd week of this game. I've had Ruby Magic as well. For me, my PG has to be able to knock down the jumper with consistency. There is nothing that big O cant do. Knock down the jumper, speed, can jump, accurate passes, post up play, can defend bigger guards.....he is the best PG in the game w/o a doubt
Old 04-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

The only bad thing about Oscar imo is his slow release, if you played with the sapphire you should know if its working for you or nah. I have the Pink Diamond version of Bird and he starts at the 4 for me, he is a great rebounder and a solid defender at the rim and in the post, pretty much perfect on-ball defender on the perimeter.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty521
The only bad thing about Oscar imo is his slow release, if you played with the sapphire you should know if its working for you or nah. I have the Pink Diamond version of Bird and he starts at the 4 for me, he is a great rebounder and a solid defender at the rim and in the post, pretty much perfect on-ball defender on the perimeter.
Big O's jumper is strictly for wide open shots. shooting off the dribble is much quicker though.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBlueStreak
Also - is Yao worth the coinage? I use Saph Wilt and Saph Hakeem at C and PF right now, but wonder how dominating Yao would be in the paint being a head taller than everyone else.
I'm putting off buying Yao, but I use Gheorge who is roughly the same size, just an inch bigger. He boards like nothing, nor does he have any problems in the paint. He also seems to get okay looks from mid. Don't think i've seen him get blocked yet.

Ming looks very similar, just obviously leagues better. An A mid game on him would be truly ridiculous. If I wasn't afraid of a Sapph challenge, I'd grab him. Seeing what happened to Wilk, though, concerns me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNettles
I'm putting off buying Yao, but I use Gheorge who is roughly the same size, just an inch bigger. He boards like nothing, nor does he have any problems in the paint. He also seems to get okay looks from mid. Don't think i've seen him get blocked yet.

Ming looks very similar, just obviously leagues better. An A mid game on him would be truly ridiculous. If I wasn't afraid of a Sapph challenge, I'd grab him. Seeing what happened to Wilk, though, concerns me.
I think Yao is no candidate for a sapph version. Ewing, Bird, Iverson or Shaq, the top guys of the historic teams who haven't already a sapph version are more likely to be released IMO. So I guess Ewing will be probably the next sapph player we will see since the other 3 already have PD or D cards.

Yao is just awesome, way better than Muresan. You don't need him when you have some of the good sapph Cs, but it's just great fun to have him on your team. He is my starter C most of the time with Ewing as backup. I just love those guys while Hakeem, Wilt and Russell rarely make my team.

Young Magic is one of the best buys in the game for around 100k he is overall slightly better than gold LBJ and his player model is one of the best in the game, way better than Ruby Magic.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Rookie

It is confirmed that there will be another Yao because there are two in the MyTeam roster glitch.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty521
It is confirmed that there will be another Yao because there are two in the MyTeam roster glitch.
I've heard there are 3 now and one is a 99. Only PC guys could seem to confirm though. Either way, another Yao exists.

Best case - He's part of the Ruby Blockers.

Worst case - He's a challenge Sapph that everyone can do.

But Sapph Yao is confirmed. They briefly addressed it on the last stream. Said "stay tuned".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »