Home

Shot meter or no shot meter?

This is a discussion on Shot meter or no shot meter? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shot meter or no shot meter?

What do you guys prefer? I play with it off but I still miss way too many wide open shots. It seems like it's poorly coded to where there's no absolute perfect release 100% of the time if you have it timed correctly. Eager to hear what you guys have to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Shot meter or no shot meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platehpus
What do you guys prefer? I play with it off but I still miss way too many wide open shots. It seems like it's poorly coded to where there's no absolute perfect release 100% of the time if you have it timed correctly. Eager to hear what you guys have to say.
I have it on but try to watch the shooting form, mostly the feet. You kind of need it for certain freethrow animations that give you no clue as to when to release the ball. The meter lags online so it's not a good idea to just look at the meter to time your shots.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

I have it on, but I barely glance at it. I tend to release the shot at the top of my players jump. And I'm used to the players I use so that helps too.

I also have shot feedback off this year because it's pretty much useless.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
Pro

You want to have it on, not to stare at when you shoot, but to gauge whether you're at least in the right neighborhood. Otherwise you'd have no idea if you were completely screwing up shots.
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 05-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #5
Rookie

I would do that but it just aggrivates me when I miss wide open jumpers that are completely yellow that reach the little white divider. So frustrating otherwise I'd be a top 3 seeder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 02:33 AM   #6
Pro

I leave it on but don't pay attention to it. I do hope they get rid of it next year though. Makes people not really learn when to release the FT. All they have to do is stare at a line and then release it. Almost like the hack-a-jordan in real life lol. Except I don't want NBA to get rid of the Hack-A-whoever.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #7
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

Off. I've been playing 2k too long without it... (since 11) when I started this year's game I was super excited about it and thought my shooting would improve a ton but I kid you not, if I play with it on I can't make a shot to save my life... I even tested it the other night playing quick games same teams, same settings (hof sim default sliders) game one without the meter I shot 66 percent from the field and 6/9 3... game two with it on I shot 24 percent from the field and made 1 put of ten threes... it's because when it's on j stare at it rather than the arc of their shot (or the hitch as some people call it) and the meter is nowhere near as affective as just getting to know a players release..
Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #8
MVP

Off,
I find it difficult to look at the player's feet, I am also losing vision of the court.

I wish there was an option to have it on just for the free throws though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »