Home

Getting Used to RTTP?

This is a discussion on Getting Used to RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Getting Used to RTTP?

I have been playing this franchise since 07, I probably really started playing and getting really good in '10. This year is the most I have ever played a game in this series.

Yesterday I basically started RTTP for the first time. (I may have played a game or two last year) I lost my first 2 games.....havent won a game yet. The guys that I was playing were NOT better than me. They werent good on defense and they seemed like they didnt have any offensive versatility.

I ended up losing because when it came down to it, it was shot making. They were making contested shots while I was missing wide open ones.

Two things immediately noticed.....the shot timing is definitely different online, and there seems to be some sort of comeback/equalizing engine to keep skill level close?

I was winning both games for the most part then in the 4th quarter....they both started hitting shots while I was missing. IN the last game, when I was down about 12 points....THEN my guy wants to hit three 3's in a row. If this is how RTTP is, I am probably going to leave this alone. I mean the first guy was double teaming the whole time but it didnt do me any good because my open guys couldnt hit chit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Getting Used to RTTP?

Not sure about your other problems, but the short answer to hitting open shots is, use guys who you can shoot with, get green releases when they're wide open. Hitting shots in RTP shouldn't be a problem, used to be much harder pre-patch
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 05-17-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I have been playing this franchise since 07, I probably really started playing and getting really good in '10. This year is the most I have ever played a game in this series.

Yesterday I basically started RTTP for the first time. (I may have played a game or two last year) I lost my first 2 games.....havent won a game yet. The guys that I was playing were NOT better than me. They werent good on defense and they seemed like they didnt have any offensive versatility.

I ended up losing because when it came down to it, it was shot making. They were making contested shots while I was missing wide open ones.

Two things immediately noticed.....the shot timing is definitely different online, and there seems to be some sort of comeback/equalizing engine to keep skill level close?

I was winning both games for the most part then in the 4th quarter....they both started hitting shots while I was missing. IN the last game, when I was down about 12 points....THEN my guy wants to hit three 3's in a row. If this is how RTTP is, I am probably going to leave this alone. I mean the first guy was double teaming the whole time but it didnt do me any good because my open guys couldnt hit chit.
Momentum swings happen, and there will be times in the first seed when u play someone in a lower seed.

What does that mean? Well you will be playing on superstar, they will be on something along the lines of pro.

There is a slight delay online, so you have to release slightly earlier. You'll get used to it.

Best way to get results is to pound the paint, if they double, drive and force the issue. Take a few 3's but for the most part just try to drive to force the defense to collapse further.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Momentum swings happen, and there will be times in the first seed when u play someone in a lower seed.

What does that mean? Well you will be playing on superstar, they will be on something along the lines of pro.

There is a slight delay online, so you have to release slightly earlier. You'll get used to it.

Best way to get results is to pound the paint, if they double, drive and force the issue. Take a few 3's but for the most part just try to drive to force the defense to collapse further.
good info. I just couldnt understand why these guys were beating me, the way they played, it seemed like they were beginners. I was murdering them in the post. I would be up the whole game then in the 4th they would just start chucking 3's (one guy with Covington and the other with H. Barnes). They were in no way cheesing either. Hitting contested shots while I couldnt buy one...
Old 05-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
good info. I just couldnt understand why these guys were beating me, the way they played, it seemed like they were beginners. I was murdering them in the post. I would be up the whole game then in the 4th they would just start chucking 3's (one guy with Covington and the other with H. Barnes). They were in no way cheesing either. Hitting contested shots while I couldnt buy one...
If you see momentum is changing, call a time out, and try and get a dunk in your favor. Helps a ton.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:39 AM   #6
Rookie

I hate these momentoum swings

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »