Home

Why does 2k reward dumber basketball?

This is a discussion on Why does 2k reward dumber basketball? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why does 2k reward dumber basketball?

Just lost to a guy that literally did the same thing all game long. Zig zag with his lights out 3 point shooters, and took the lamest charges. He held the charge button with every single one of his players, and it WORKED.

And no, I was not turboing. I was posted up with Kobe, didn't move at all, he flopped with Harden and I got called for a charge. Why does 2k reward this BS? The same problems in 2k13 are still here in 2k15. Does it hurt to just decrease the probability of getting a charge, and decrease the probability of a zig zag three pointer going in? wasn't that the whole purpose of the shot meter?

Last edited by lilteapot; 05-26-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why does 2k reward dumber basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
And no, I was not turboing. I was posted up with Kobe, didn't move at all, he flopped with Harden and I got called for a charge.
Taking charges in the post is glitched (ie backing down with your back to the basket)... you'll be called for it about 50% of the time turbo or no turbo. I only know cuz I do this with Vlade Divac lol
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 05-26-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
Taking charges in the post is glitched (ie backing down with your back to the basket)... you'll be called for it about 50% of the time turbo or no turbo. I only know cuz I do this with Vlade Divac lol
The infuriating thing was I wasn't even backing down. Literally the only thing I was doing was standing with my back to the basket, no movement, and harden flops and I get a charge call.

On the flip side, in mycareer you get flagrantly fouled and there's no call. What the hell is this bull****?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Try facing someone with a legend-studded team of the likes of Magic, MJ, Hakeem, Drexler, etc. They're already scrolling up and down during the loading lineup changes, cheese the whole game, pause the game ONLY after they're up 10 in the 4th quarter after a bull**** baseline poster from MJ on Yao/Mourning, and start scrolling up and down on the quit option.

Luckily, I've seldom lost this year but when it does happen, it's frustrating to deal with.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Old 05-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie

There'll always be a bit of lag when we're talking online games.

What can 2k do about zig-zag cheezers? I don't think they can do anything...

They can't reduce the chance the ball goes in after stepping sideways, because that would hinder legit basketball plays like: pump fake+step away from the defender who jumped+knock down the jumper.

You just gotta learn how to defend "on-ball". I never have problems against zig-zaggers anymore. I've come across so many of them now that I can predict their movements most of the time and cut their way before they make their moves. Also, my line up is consisted of good defenders with high lateral quickness + high shot contest and the necessary defensive badges. Zig-zagging is no longer an issue for me.

As for charge cheese in the post, I don't think I've ever had what you described. Never seen flopping before I made any move got called for a foul. Usually, the charge cheezer just falls to the ground and I get an easy lay up. I don't think it's a viable defensive strategy anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
As for charge cheese in the post, I don't think I've ever had what you described. Never seen flopping before I made any move got called for a foul. Usually, the charge cheezer just falls to the ground and I get an easy lay up. I don't think it's a viable defensive strategy anyway.
This has happened to me a few times. I'll know they like to take charges in the post so I'll just stand there and wait for them to fall down. Sometimes it gets called a charge but usually not. And considering how often post fades go in, I can't blame them taking a 25% chance the charge will work.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #7
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
This has happened to me a few times. I'll know they like to take charges in the post so I'll just stand there and wait for them to fall down. Sometimes it gets called a charge but usually not. And considering how often post fades go in, I can't blame them taking a 25% chance the charge will work.
Yeah post-fades are incredibly OP. I make sure not to do them more than 3-4 times a game because I consider it cheese. And even then it's usually a last option when my offensive set hasn't resulted in a good look.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Yeah post-fades are incredibly OP. I make sure not to do them more than 3-4 times a game because I consider it cheese. And even then it's usually a last option when my offensive set hasn't resulted in a good look.
yup I just sold Onyx Dirk cuz I can't bring myself to shoot post fades with him all game. it's basically an undefensible shot, although for Dirk it at least approaches realism. Still can't do it tho
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »