Home

Do you play undersized speed ball or traditional size power ball on RTTP ?

This is a discussion on Do you play undersized speed ball or traditional size power ball on RTTP ? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #17
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you play undersized speed ball or traditional size power ball on RTTP ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
I am constantly switching and trying different styles - which is why I love MyTeam.

What I don't like is the cheesy aspect to it. Sorry, but the style and strategy goes out the window when your entire starting lineup is rated 90+ and every guy on your bench is also rated 90+.

Style and strategy means nothing at that point. Which is where just about anyone in the unrestricted seeds is right now.

At the moment I'm actually playing what I call my "Beef" lineup. It's all strong physical players...and not the ones you'd probably expect.

PG - Sarunas Marciulionis (Silver)
SG - Iman Shumpert (Silver) (not a true banger, but gives me an ultra-athletic option if I need it)
SF - Larry Johnson (Gold)
PF - Draymond Green (Emerald)
C - Ken Faried (Silver)

My bench is rather short but here it is...

Anthony Mason (Silver)
Rodney Rogers (Silver)
Charles Oakley (Silver) Knicks version

KJ McDaniels (Bronze)
Matthew Dellavedova (Bronze)
Shannon Brown (Bronze)
Greg Ostertag (Bronze)
Ed Nealy (Bronze)

I've been playing in the first unrestricted seed with this squad and taking my lumps...but whatever. I'm trying to get back to the 3 Gold level as there is at least some strategy at that level. Most of those Bronze guys never play...occasionally I use KJ (3 Gold badges), and Delly gets some limited run every once in a while.

My "go" lineup with this team is a little different though - here it is...

PG - Mason
SG - LJ
SF - Rogers
PF - Draymond
C - Oakley

You might think this team would struggle with speed and/or athleticism, but actually most of these guys are pretty athletic. Plus they are all pretty skilled. Mason and LJ are excellent passers, so is Draymond. Oakley is a surprisingly good shooter, especially from midrange. Rogers has a quick-trigger jumper and is a uber-athletic finisher.

I'm really having fun with this squad the last few days. I tried a "bruiser" team like this once before, but it was missing something. I don't think I had enough skilled versatile players - this squad does.

That said, I still enjoy rolling out a small-ball lineup with a pick-n-roll PG and big man surrounded by knockdown shooters - Stan Van Gundy style.
I like your beef lineup lol I agree with you on the on 90+ across the board issue ... You could try my earlier approach of using Golds vs Pink Diamond Lineups. Really pushes you to take your game and strategies to the next level. But I do wish 2K has an attribute cap or something, maybe make everything unrestricted for the last 3 seeds. I think currently is 5 right ? That's probably too much I feel. And don't cap it with colors of cards whether just do overall team rating. I want my Onyx Ginobili to carry 11 bronze guys through seed 4 lol
Old 06-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
I like your beef lineup lol I agree with you on the on 90+ across the board issue ... You could try my earlier approach of using Golds vs Pink Diamond Lineups. Really pushes you to take your game and strategies to the next level. But I do wish 2K has an attribute cap or something, maybe make everything unrestricted for the last 3 seeds. I think currently is 5 right ? That's probably too much I feel. And don't cap it with colors of cards whether just do overall team rating. I want my Onyx Ginobili to carry 11 bronze guys through seed 4 lol
Attributes cap would be a great idea, but we need to mak e certain that there are some "safeties" because I am foreseeing that the lowest rated bronzes will go for 100K as all will want to cut attributes from their 11th 12th 13th player to boost their first 10
Old 06-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #19
Banned

For me it depends on what my opponent is doing, usually I like to play big ball(traditional PF) but if my opponent is using stretch PFs I move PD Melo or Durant there, especially since Ive noticed having an actual PF dosent really help you on the boards anyways
Old 06-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #20
Rookie

utkaar099's Arena

I go with traditional style. Emerald Davis usually does a decent job on guys like KD and LeBron and is overall really versatile on that end of the floor, so I usually don't have to shake things up often.

The Big O/Clyde/KD/The Brow/Mutombo
Full lineup here

90 overall SG
Sunset Beach Ballers
Pro III
5.0ppg/1.6apg/1.2rpg
Old 06-15-2015, 06:14 AM   #21
Pro

I play traditional size power ball. I hate going small, going traditional is more fun because it is like the 80's and 90's with actual bigs and was way better than how the NBA is now. I hate when teams go small like how the Warriors in real life are doing. But I also hate the Warriors so I might be a little bias on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17
Do you play undersized speed ball or traditional size power ball on RTTP ?

I run with a traditional lineup. I mix my PFs up a lot the ones I used the most were, emerald AD, K Love, ruby LA & Ruby Blake.
I play Pace & Space. Blake and AD don't have 3pt range but the can beat their man off the dribble so they fit the system. I only go small ball if my opponent forces me to switch.
Yesterday I picked up onyx Wilt and put him at the PF with Mutombo at C. Wilt is unbelievable. Pace & Space with Wilt at the 4 is ridiculous. I played 4 RTTP in a row and he dominated each one.

Spoiler

XB1

Last edited by Scramz718; 06-15-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #23
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

started out going traditional sized but have gravitated to small ball. Lately I been trying to experiment with a 5 out offense like the warriors are doing in the finals by using 3 point shooting bigs like ruby aldridge/ruby cb4 at the C position but having trouble finding a playbook/plays that maximizes 3 point shooting C's.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #24
Rookie

I'm pretty traditional:
Starters: Onyx Kidd, 92-93 Jordan, Dr. J, Onyx Dirk, Sapphire Wilt.
Bench: Sapphire Oscar, Paul George, Diamond Durant, Sapphire Karl Malone, and Sapphire Hakeem.

Once I've collected all the legend cards I'm going to switch Oscar to a Lebron and have Onxy Nash on the squad too. Nash will be there if I want to go small. He'll also be there for a closer (92 FT). LI'd like to have Ruby 90s Jordan and the better Sapphire Wilt and Hakeem. I've looked at Ruby Mutombo though. I'll be using Sapphire George once I get out of third seed.

Last edited by StarScream96; 06-15-2015 at 11:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »